Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Pulev -Thompson, Braehmer, Abraham Discussion & RbR Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulev has a 75% KO ratio in 12 round fights, and two of those three late KOs were over boxers who had never been stopped before.

Kubrat doesn't have enough one-punch KO power to score early KOs, but he is strong and gradually breaks his opponents down.

Thompson is very durable though, so it may go the distance.

Comment

Pulev is the most overrated HW out there today. Thompson would outbox him to an easy decision.

All Pulev has is a jab-right hand. Nothing else. No variety to his punches. Doesn't fight on the inside particularly well (certainly not as good as Thompson does in spite of being much shorter).

Thompson was able to take Wladimir's jab away from him for the most part, however Wlad was smart and skilled enough to score with right hand leads.

Pulev was scared to go after Ustinov until the giant bum was exhausted and near death and ready to quit. He won't have the sack to go after Tony Thompson and will get picked apart at range by his much taller opponent and get then on the inside as he is inferior there as well.

His only chance is a robbery decision, which, if we are being honest is about 90% likely if the fight happens in Europe.

We all saw Scott-Chisora, so I do expect Tony Thompson to get screwed in some underhanded way if he keeps going overseas. Pulev is not British, so he's not a total bum. If he can hang with Thompson for at least 10 rounds there is a good chance the ref DQ's Thompson for something to get Pulev an undeserved win.

Comment

lol Hitman, talk about butthurt. Bottom line Scott wasn't what he was cracked up to be. His undefeated record didn't mean much did it?

Anyhow on topic, you'd favour Pulev for this one but he hasn't fought for a whole year, Thompson has been active so is more than a live dog.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 07-21-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Never been impressed with Pulev. I don't know what the big deal is about him. I think David Price would beat Pulev. Thompson should be able to outbox him here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            Pulev is the most overrated HW out there today. Thompson would outbox him to an easy decision.

All Pulev has is a jab-right hand. Nothing else. No variety to his punches. Doesn't fight on the inside particularly well (certainly not as good as Thompson does in spite of being much shorter).

Thompson was able to take Wladimir's jab away from him for the most part, however Wlad was smart and skilled enough to score with right hand leads.

Pulev was scared to go after Ustinov until the giant bum was exhausted and near death and ready to quit. He won't have the sack to go after Tony Thompson and will get picked apart at range by his much taller opponent and get then on the inside as he is inferior there as well.

His only chance is a robbery decision, which, if we are being honest is about 90% likely if the fight happens in Europe.

We all saw Scott-Chisora, so I do expect Tony Thompson to get screwed in some underhanded way if he keeps going overseas. Pulev is not British, so he's not a total bum. If he can hang with Thompson for at least 10 rounds there is a good chance the ref DQ's Thompson for something to get Pulev an undeserved win.
            ^^^^ lol

this post was obviously scribbled by a drunk hillbilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013
              Various sources now reporting this fight is in the works.

http://www.ringpolska.pl/boks-na-swi...nia-i-wrzesnia
              This just released:

"Dereck Chisora has been declared the mandatory challenger to European Heavyweight Champion Kubrat Pulev."

Would Sauerland prefer Chisora or Thompson?
              Last edited by Weebler I; 07-22-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                This just released:

"Dereck Chisora has been declared the mandatory challenger to European Heavyweight Champion Kubrat Pulev."
                nice. That's even better than Thompson-Pulev.

Comment

Pulev destroys Thompson, different level than Price.

Comment

I bet Sauerland has had to dig deep to make this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013
                      Kubrat Pulev vs. Tony Thompson has been agreed to for August 24, they are just waiting for the IBF's approval before announcing it.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...t-soglasie-ibf
                      Good fight. Pulev should win but Thompson's activity will serve him well.

Comment

Working...
                      X