Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Pulev -Thompson, Braehmer, Abraham Discussion & RbR Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Pulev -Thompson, Braehmer, Abraham Discussion & RbR Thread!

Who wins?

Pulev by KO/TKO
    36.51%
    Pulev by decision
    31.75%
    Thompson by KO/TKO
    12.70%
    Thompson by decision
    6.35%
    evenly matched, difficult to predict
    12.70%

Originally posted by Freedom2013
    Sauerland has just signed someone to fight Pulev and will make an announcement about it next week.

I have reason to believe it's Tony Thompson.
    It's a good fight, considering Thompson's reason run. And Pulev needs to stay more active.

Comment

I think Pulev probably wins. Thompson deserves a lot of credit for the wins over Price but Pulev has good power and carries it into the later rounds. He moves his head well, has good timing and I think he can break Thompson down.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
        Who wins?

Is it true what I've heard about Hughie Fury wanting to fight Tony Thompson and for it to be on the same card as D.Haye v T.Fury?
        I doubt it though.

Pulev would make easy work of Tony Thompson I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
          Is it true what I've heard about Hughie Fury wanting to fight Tony Thompson and for it to be on the same card as D.Haye v T.Fury?
          I doubt it though.

I saw this rumour too although, like you, not sure how much truth there is in it.

According to boxrec they have Charr on the undercard, could he be fighting Hughie? Might be a bit early for that but then so would TT.

Comment

Pulev is definitely more skilled than Thompson but Thompson is more experienced, more awkward and mentally tougher. I've never seen Pulev in a dog fight with a notable opponent. It's hard to give any prediction for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
              I doubt it though.

100% true. Peter Fury phoned Tony Thompson yesterday, but Thompson already has an offer on the table that they couldn't match. They offered him more than double the amount he got for Price! The offer still stands if Thompson's potential fight falls through.

Regardless, Hughie is stepping up in September against a rated opponent. They are deadly serious about having a go at Mike Tyson's record.

Comment

I think Pulev grinds Thompson down and stops him late maybe in the 11th or 12th round.

If we're being honest, Thompson is a good fighter but anybody with serious pretensions about becoming a HW champion should beat him.

Price had Thompson is trouble in both fights but his stamina and chin failed him. Pulev has no such problems.

Pulev by late KO or UD. Just can't see Thompson winning this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013
                  We've been getting some good heavyweight match ups this year, with more coming up:

Povetkin-Klitschko
                  Haye-Fury
                  Pulev-Thompson
                  Mitchell-Arreola
                  Hanks-Ruiz
                  Hopefully they'll consider Chisora-Wilder again as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    Hopefully they'll consider Chisora-Wilder again as well.
                    Would definitely like to see this. Wilder needs testing against a decent opponent and, at this stage, Chisora would fit the bill nicely.

Comment

Working...
                    X