No announcement yet.

Compubox Claims "Margin of Error" Within 2%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compubox Claims "Margin of Error" Within 2%

Was reading an article a few days ago regarding the accuracy of Compubox. They claim that they are better than 98% accurate, overall.

Agree? If not, how far off would you say they are?

I would really like to see them start recounting these, after the fight is over. Then we would know for sure.

Not even close.

Comment

One just has to watch Hopkins-Calzaghe and Mathebula-Donaire to see how wrong they are sometimes

Comment

I don't have the patience to go through one fight to count for myself, let alone multiple fights in order to get a reasonable sample.

Comment

Does Boxingscene uses it's own punch counter or do they just report Compubox's stats? Some times I have seen BS have different #'s than CB in some categories and some rounds, but they're both pretty much spot on, not enough difference to even argue about it.

If i'm incorrect and BS does use CB's #'s then what I saw was probably just a bunch of typos.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            One just has to watch Hopkins-Calzaghe and Mathebula-Donaire to see how wrong they are sometimes
            Yeah, I know they're wrong sometimes. What they're saying is, over the "big picture" they are within 2%.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Does Boxingscene uses it's own punch counter or do they just report Compubox's stats? Some times I have seen BS have different #'s than CB in some categories and some rounds, but they're both pretty much spot on, not enough difference to even argue about it.

If i'm incorrect and BS does use CB's #'s then what I saw was probably just a bunch of typos.
              They use the Compubox numbers.

On the Compubox website, they have a list of who all uses their numbers. Boxingscene is on that list.

Also says that they (Compubox) are hired by trainers/managers/promoters to evaluate fighters.

Comment

I doubt they are that accurate, although some fights are easier to count than others.

My question is many networks (and Fans) almost seem to depend on them though and actually tend to score rounds based on the data they receive from them.

There is something called "quality of shots" that many now seem to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post

There is something called "quality of shots" that many now seem to ignore.
                  Boom. Exactly what I'm thinking. There's a "punch value" out there floating around, and it's getting no love whatsoever.

Comment

I really wish there was a compubox or whatever, for Froch vs Dirrell. 100% accurate or 98% accurate, still would have shown us the landslide in punches landed in favor of Dirrell. I know Showtime uses some punch stats now, but they didn't have that at the time of the Super 6 unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                    X