No announcement yet.

Question on rolling:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on rolling:

When you roll, do you take a sidestep? Or is it all just upper body movement??

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
    When you roll, do you take a sidestep? Or is it all just upper body movement??
    what do u mean by roll?

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7: what do u mean by roll?
      Like when you duck under a punch and come back up on the other side. Sort of a down-up in a 'V' motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
        Like when you duck under a punch and come back up on the other side.
        if you mean a duck then you can either doing it just for defensive purposes or for an offensive and defensive move.you can duck then step then throw a left hook or right hook depending what style your doing. but make sure to come up with your legs for more power.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
          if you mean a duck then you can either doing it just for defensive purposes or for an offensive and defensive move.you can duck then step then throw a left hook or right hook depending what style your doing. but make sure to come up with your legs for more power.
          Thanks, man. I'm only 2 weeks into this boxing stuff, and last night was the first time I really got to try my hand at defense in a light sparring setting. Really appreciate the reply: Your defense is tops.

Comment

If you mean the roll thing they show on that title training video, well that silly move will give your opponent the chance to hit the top of the head, thats quite dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by TRANSWARP View Post
              If you mean the roll thing they show on that title training video, well that silly move will give your opponent the chance to hit the top of the head, thats quite dangerous.
              you can take much harder punches on the top of your head than the chin!

i think rolling shold be done without a step if you can stay balanced but often making a step can help power a hook on the way up.

frazier did alot f rolling you should check out most of his fights, most of his left hooks in all three ali fights come from a roll

Comment

Originally posted by hemichromis View Post
                you can take much harder punches on the top of your head than the chin!

i think rolling shold be done without a step if you can stay balanced but often making a step can help power a hook on the way up.

frazier did alot f rolling you should check out most of his fights, most of his left hooks in all three ali fights come from a roll
                Is that true? I still see stars every time I get popped hard on the top of the head, I'd much rather take it on the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
                  Is that true? I still see stars every time I get popped hard on the top of the head, I'd much rather take it on the front.
                  maybe you have a holyfield type head; he could take a bear hitting him on the jaw but a hard punch high on his head hurt him!

maybe you just have a good chin!

Comment

haha, lets hope thats it

Comment

Working...
                    X