No announcement yet.

Preffered fight order for Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preffered fight order for Golovkin

What is your preferred next fight order for Golovkin ? If he can't get Canelo whom do you want him to fight next?

Here is mine

1. Canelo
    2. BJS
    3. Jacobs
    4. Eubanks Jr.
    5. Lara

I really hope he gets someone from the top 3.

I think the only guy logically he gets from that list is Eubank Jr.

K2 has said GBP hasn't talked to them since Canelo vacated the belt so that isn't happening next.

BJS wants a 75/25 purse cut (GGG gets $2M, BJS wants $6M) last I heard I think so that ain't happening or they got a while to get that all worked out

Jacobs gots a fight scheduled for July already & will be coming off a 8mo layoff by that time so keeping rust off makes sense so that ain't happening next. And his trainer just said he wants 2 more fights before he's ready for GGG lol so this probably isn't happening til this time next year absolutely best case.

Lara is a worthy opponent, but he holds little appeal & fights in an un-entertaining way for most fans so its a bit of a lose lose situation in many ways. I'm not sure what he wants money-wise, but I feel like its gonna be a nice amount that may or may not make sense to the realities of boxing economics.

Eubank is the only guy who's talking about the fight now vs needing time to prepare or the money he'll need to agree to it.

Comment

Some of these aren't on the radar right now, and some aren't even possible right now, but this is what I would like to see.
      1. Canelo
      2. BJS
      3. Jacobs
      4. DeGale
      5. Ramirez
      6. Kovalev
      7. Ward
      8. Cotto
      9. Eubank Jr
      10. J-Rock
      11. Jermell
      12. Lara

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Some of these aren't on the radar right now, and some aren't even possible right now, but this is what I would like to see.
        1. Canelo
        2. BJS
        3. Jacobs
        4. DeGale
        5. Ramirez
        6. Kovalev
        7. Ward
        8. Cotto
        9. Eubank Jr
        10. J-Rock
        11. Jermell
        12. Lara
        This post asks for the preferred order for his next fight, not his career.
        So even if he doesn't get the first 3-5 of your list he won't go two divisions up to fight Kov/Ward that too right now.

Comment

Originally posted by IllegalDeath View Post
          What is your preferred next fight order for Golovkin ? If he can't get Canelo whom do you want him to fight next?

Here is mine

1. Canelo
          2. BJS
          3. Jacobs
          4. Eubanks Jr.
          5. Lara

I'd go along with that list.

Comment

Ramirez would be tasty.looked really impressive v abraham.

Comment

lara is my 4th preference and i'd prefer khurtsidze over eubank in september because i think the eubank fight could be bigger in 2017, while khurtsidze is coming off a decent win and he's old enough that it's now or never for him

Comment

Originally posted by IllegalDeath View Post

Here is mine

1. Canelo
                2. BJS
                3. Jacobs
                4. Eubanks Jr.
                5. Lara

No Jacobs or Lara, both are the worse kind of paper champions with Jacobs being the worse.

I'd prefer:

Canelo
                BJS
                Eubank
                DeGale

The likeliest in reality is, we'll get the Eubank fight and possibly the BJS fight.

Comment

DeGale, Zurdo or Jack. I'd be happy with Bute at super middle too. I tire of these bs middle weight match ups which aren't even competitive.

Comment

do not care just want him to fight canelo

Comment

Working...
                    X