Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Willing To Postpone Retirement To Fight at Rio Games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Courage Award View Post
    i dont get it either, why would fighting in the olympics diminish respect for him?

sometimes 1 guy on here types something and 50,000 others repeat it and nobody stops to think if it even makes sense

in other sports its normal for pros to play in the olympics, its considered a duty even

boxing is a very ******ed environment, half of them are saying he will murder his helpless amateur opponent, the other half are saying it will be embarrassing to watch him soundly beaten, damn they just repeat each other like monkeys
    yes, the honor of carrying one's country's colors in the olympics and winning a medal really is something some people do not appreciate...

i can see where others consider the safety of amateurs vs the pros in boxing...

but hey, i may be wrong, but i have not yet heard people howling out loud when a very young amateur jump into the pro leagues....

Comment

what if the rio olympics committee deem pacman persona non grata for his comments re: lgbt

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
        hey dummy, i said its like nba players competing in some college tournaments. I know nba players compete in the olympic. but guess what dummy? those other players from different countries are consider "pros" where as manny ( a pro fighter) will be fighting against AM guys. think for a minute smart guy.
        to borrow a word from you, since its like you are fond of calling names, you yourself deserve being called the same.. "hey dummy" if Manny can box in the olympics because he is allowed and likes it, every professional boxers is also allowed and theyre not being prevented to, its not Mannys problem if those other professionals do not like to. If hatton, floyd or other welterweights would like to they can fight Manny for the Olympic Gold, if they dont its not Manny's problem. If countries would send their own pro boxers to fight Manny well they can if they want to send amateurs well they also have the rights to. whats wrong with that? besides its amateur rules theyre going to follow. your comparison is way off.

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
          why not?

if allowed, why should pac not try? if he lose, then what? but if he got a gold? wow!

some guys failed to get an olympic gold in their prime...

a lot of boxers about or above 40 yrs old fight for 12 rounds...

so what's the big deal?
          There is nothing "wow!" About manny beating up a bunch of amateurs who will probably never win a world title. It's a ******ed idea

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            What happen if a Young Eastern European spanks him or some Cuban
            do you really believe that? in the olympics? teofilo stevenson probably in his prime or 3 years post prime, or any upper weight class i am referring of course how you used that word "spanks".

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
              There is nothing "wow!" About manny beating up a bunch of amateurs who will probably never win a world title. It's a ******ed idea
              But if Floyd did it...

Comment

Originally posted by No Diggity View Post
                But if Floyd did it...
                It would be just as ******ed. I wondered how long til someone said this lol

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                  there is always a wow in getting an olympic gold medal...

if it takes beating a bunch of amateurs or even a bunch of pros, an olympic gold medal is highly appreciated....countries spend so much to develop their sports and win medals along building goodwill amongst other nations....

it is up to the countries to send their best, amateurs or pros....

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                    there is always a wow in getting an olympic gold medal...

if it takes beating a bunch of amateurs or even a bunch of pros, an olympic gold medal is highly appreciated....countries spend so much to develop their sports and win medals along building goodwill amongst other nations....

it is up to the countries to send their best, amateurs or pros....
                    Dude get a grip. PAC beating up some 18 yr old to win a gold medal is not impressive

How would winning a gold medal be any diff than winning a world title when you already fight the best of the best 1v1?
                    Last edited by HanzGruber; 03-03-2016, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I'm all for it. I'd watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X