No announcement yet.

Even lesbian oprah winfrey has had enough of Obama

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
    I had admired and liked Obama way before he became president.

However, I understand and have always understood, it's not the person, rather the system which is the problem.

So I have never gotten behind Obama the president because I know he entered into a lose lose situation and would never be allowed to become a successful president. I doubt any candidate will ever become that.....which is why I never vote as It's a complete waste of time.
    The only reason you don't vote is because you don't know how to spell "X".

Originally posted by One_Fatcat View Post
    No, no...that's of course not true. Just a vague, nominal talking point in leftist circles without giving it too much thought.

They just raised taxes on upper earners. But even besides that, taxes at 35% today are higher than the 90% tax rate from years past. Nobody paid those taxes with the kind of loopholes and deductions that were available. The IRS/Govt wasn't nearly as efficient in cracking down on those who didn't pay taxes at all (which was a good thing). Currently, govt is collecting the highest amount of revenues it ever has.
    That is quite amazing. A 35% tax rate is higher than a 90% tax rate because tax evasion is more difficult now.

Comment

Working...
    X