Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Purdy Warns Alexander: I'll Be Dangerous For Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least try to make it exciting cause I'd hate to sit there watching boring ass Alexander. Definitely not looking forward to it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      This has Fight of the Year written all over it. I'm expecting a Gatti-Ward all action war. I've literally never been this excited for a fight in my life. I've requested Monday off from work since all of Sunday will not be enough time to rewatch the fight over and over, surely I'll need a extra day to soak it all up.
      You just said exactly how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        I think Alexander is a good fighter no matter what some say. Would have loved to see him beat Brook but oh well.
        If he beat Brook I wouldn't have been mad if he got the Floyd fight. His last 5 has been no joke though:

Kotelnik
        Bradley
        Matthysse
        Maidana
        Bailey

3 of the hardest punchers from 140-147 and 2 of the 20 best fighters in the world at the moment are on that list. It's about time he gets somewhat of a tuneup. Hopefully he comes to impress.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          If he beat Brook I wouldn't have been mad if he got the Floyd fight. His last 5 has been no joke though:

Kotelnik
          Bradley
          Matthysse
          Maidana
          Bailey

3 of the hardest punchers from 140-147 and 2 of the 20 best fighters in the world at the moment are on that list. It's about time he gets somewhat of a tuneup. Hopefully he comes to impress.
          How did Purdy wind up in this company? That's a regular murderer's row. Who did Purdy upset or influence to get him a title shot? He certainly hasn't beaten anybody so elite or dangerous as these five. Alexander may even be able to look good with such a lesser light in the other corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            How did Purdy wind up in this company? That's a regular murderer's row. Who did Purdy upset or influence to get him a title shot? He certainly hasn't beaten anybody so elite or dangerous as these five. Alexander may even be able to look good with such a lesser light in the other corner.
            Lee Purdy is promoted by the same company as Kell Brook, Matchroom.

My guess is when looking for a late replacement, Eddie Hearn pushed hard for Purdy to get it considering there's pressure on his back from Sky Sports (The biggest Sports Channel in the UK) who give him selected dates and this May 18th card falling apart would have been a waste of money on their part. Now that Purdy is on the card they're showing the card as normal albeit I can't see the ratings being too high for it.

From what I believe, Matchroom and GBP have a good relationship so it would have been easy to make on short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone
              Quote:

Originally Posted by PBP

Kotelnik
              Bradley
              Matthysse
              Maidana
              Bailey

Have you never seen some of the rankings some of these sanctioning bodies have? They're jokes, but Purdy was the highest ranked guy in the IBF rankings who agreed to take the fight on short notice.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                Blame the IBF. Devon is required to make a mandatory defense so he has to fight the highest rated available contender.

IBF Ratings:

Champion: Devon Alexander

1 Kell Brook England - INJURED
                2 NOT RATED
                3 Kevin Bizier Canada - TURNED DOWN TITLE SHOT
                4 Lee Purdy England
                5 Leonard Bundu Italy
                6 Randall Bailey United States
                7 Naoufel Ben Rabah Australia
                8 Jessie Vargas United States
                9 Carson Jones United States
                10 Hector Saldivia Argentina
                11 Jan Zaveck Germany
                12 Vyacheslv Senchenko Ukraine
                13 Dan Ion Romania
                14 Edward Paredes United States
                15 Wale Omotoso Australia

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Blame the IBF. Devon is required to make a mandatory defense so he has to fight the highest rated available contender.

IBF Ratings:

Champion: Devon Alexander

1 Kell Brook England - INJURED
                  2 NOT RATED
                  3 Kevin Bizier Canada - TURNED DOWN TITLE SHOT
                  4 Lee Purdy England
                  5 Leonard Bundu Italy
                  6 Randall Bailey United States
                  7 Naoufel Ben Rabah Australia
                  8 Jessie Vargas United States
                  9 Carson Jones United States
                  10 Hector Saldivia Argentina
                  11 Jan Zaveck Germany
                  12 Vyacheslv Senchenko Ukraine
                  13 Dan Ion Romania
                  14 Edward Paredes United States
                  15 Wale Omotoso Australia
                  too bad hector saldivia is tenth. that's a guaranteed 1 round ko from a jab for alexander.

Comment

We can be purdy confident that Lee's headin' to the woodshed in this sleeper. Hopefully there might be a decent undercard.

Comment

At least Alexander tries to fight the best he can. It's too bad politics got in the way of Shawn Porter being the replacement. That wouldn't of been bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X