No announcement yet.

George Foreman's Greatest Hits: "I Was Drugged Against Ali!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman's Greatest Hits: "I Was Drugged Against Ali!"

Was Muhammad Ali's "rope-a-dope' strategy the only dope involved in the "Rumble in the Jungle?"

George Foreman isn't so sure.

In his recently published memoirs, "God in My Corner," Foreman says he was drugged just before the Oct. 30, 1974 title fight in what is now the Democratic Republic of the Congo -- then known as Zaire.

Foreman, then the world heavyweight champion, was a heavy favorite to beat Ali, the former champion. But Ali deflected or absorbed Foreman's punches as he leaned against the ropes, allowing Foreman to tire himself out in the tropical heat. He knocked Foreman out in the eighth round for the title.

But Foreman, now 58, says something else tired him. In his memoirs he says before the fight, his trainer gave him something to drink that tasted like medicine.

"I almost spit it out ... [I told my trainer] 'Man, I know this water has medicine in it,'" Foreman wrote. "I climbed into the ring with that medicinal taste still lingering in my mouth."

"After the third round, I was as tired as if I had fought 15 rounds. What's going on here? Did someone slip a drug in my water?" he wrote.

anything can happen. thats from his book right?

Comment

All this because of what he said about Wladimir Klitshcko

Comment

George is good for excuses and is not credible at all in things pertaining to boxing.......even his own career. He's just a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          All this because of what he said about Wladimir Klitshcko
          Hey, he said it. You mean you don't believe him?

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
            anything can happen. thats from his book right?

Yes it is, from his autiobiography.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
              Was Muhammad Ali's "rope-a-dope' strategy the only dope involved in the "Rumble in the Jungle?"

George Foreman isn't so sure.

In his recently published memoirs, "God in My Corner," Foreman says he was drugged just before the Oct. 30, 1974 title fight in what is now the Democratic Republic of the Congo -- then known as Zaire.

Foreman, then the world heavyweight champion, was a heavy favorite to beat Ali, the former champion. But Ali deflected or absorbed Foreman's punches as he leaned against the ropes, allowing Foreman to tire himself out in the tropical heat. He knocked Foreman out in the eighth round for the title.

But Foreman, now 58, says something else tired him. In his memoirs he says before the fight, his trainer gave him something to drink that tasted like medicine.

"I almost spit it out ... [I told my trainer] 'Man, I know this water has medicine in it,'" Foreman wrote. "I climbed into the ring with that medicinal taste still lingering in my mouth."

"After the third round, I was as tired as if I had fought 15 rounds. What's going on here? Did someone slip a drug in my water?" he wrote.
              Wotomir Klitschko's greatest hits:

Far more embarrassing don't you think?

"oh waah waah he wasn't in his prime"
              Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-17-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Foreman has like 3 different excuses for that fight. His regular one is " I beat the count at 9 but the ref waved the fight off "

Comment

Yep, good old George says a lot of things...

Comment

wladamir claimed he was poisioned when brewster knocked his ass out to
                    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...8tE4xrwCUTE82w

Comment

Working...
                    X