Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighter made the biggest statement this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    . . . . Seeing Crawford travel for Burns was also great...and Gamboa-Crawford was my favorite fight of the year...Iagree, he made a statement this year

Brook - considering he was basically unknown to a lot of US fans, just coming over and handling Porter was impressive. I don't know if they'll remember his name here right away, but I bet he made a statement to his doubters back home.
    It showed his level of self belief, particularly after Beltran was on the bitter end of a dubious decision.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      I was also going to list Manny for similar reasons as he has basically gotten 3 comeback wins in a calender year. He didn't get the KO I wanted to see against ALgieri so he didn't get the exclamation point.

Yeah that's an interesting one, I believe manny was worth a shout as he did still get Algieri to do his backwards roll.

It's interesting to see how Floyd didn't really prove make a statement at all this year. We all knew he could handle slower plodders with ease. The only thing he did show is he still has his legs where as some people thought they were gone.

Comment

Amir Khan.

Source...

Amir Khan and his Team

Comment

Kovalev, obviously.

He outboxed Bernard ****in Hopkins.

Comment

I see people ignoring a certain Mr Andy Lee, he did have two great stoppages one was spectacular infact.

Comment

Kovalev. He put to rest any notion he's some dumb brawler waiting to be exposed. Dude can fight.

Comment

... Crawford and Kovalev (specifically for the way in which he won the fight with his "boxing professor"...)

Comment

Kovalev probably. Dominating B-Hop, even at his advanced age, is a bigger statement than beating Shawn Porter or Gary Russell Jr.

Not hard to pick out the candidates though. Brook, Loma, Walters, and Crawford the big movers this year.

Honourable mention to Pacquiao too. Beating Bradley as he did was a big statement. A lot of people thought he was done.

Comment

Working...
                  X