No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Would Love To Land Froch vs. Groves Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale Would Love To Land Froch vs. Groves Winner

JAMES DeGALE has put a self-imposed gag on one of the most famous motormouths in British boxing...for now!

But once super-middleweight DeGale lifts the world title, as he believes he is fated to do, then he will really let rip at his bitter rivals, including fellow Londoner George Groves.

It is a case of see, hear and speak no evil for DeGale until he becomes world champ, which could be two fights away if he overcomes unbeaten Dutchman Gevorg Khatchikian in Bristol on March 1 - live on Channel 5.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Stop repeating yourself Degale ive heard this in every interview and there is about 3 this week, I dont want to see chunky vs Either unless its a mandatory because your style stinks its beatable but awkward, nobody is thinking about chunky degale, go the WBC route and box a stinker with bika lol

Comment

Yes, James, there's a lot of people being nasty to you because you act like a complete and utter w*****!

Hope he never gets a title, stick with the Gevorg Khatchikians of the world mate!

Comment

I bet he would.

The fight makes sense if the Froch vs Groves winner wants it, but if he doesn't, DeGale is in no position to demand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
          I bet he would.

The fight makes sense if the Froch vs Groves winner wants it, but if he doesn't, DeGale is in no position to demand it.
          Spot on.

Seems unlikely. There are bigger fights out there.

Comment

Degales dreaming.

Froch and Groves are having two back to back PPVs on Sky selling out big Arenas whilst Degales fighting Window cleaners on Channel 5 infront of 26 shopping centre fans in low end cinema arenas.

I don't like Groves or Degale but I dislike Groves more, but it is what it is.

Comment

Until Degale beats a world class opponent he will not be a position to call anyone out his next opponent is far from world class, why doesn't he target Abrahams,Dirrell and even Kessler wants to carry on - at least he will have name with some meaning on his resume - beating the kind of opponents he has does not teach anything but keeps him at European level and not world level.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                Until Degale beats a world class opponent he will not be a position to call anyone out his next opponent is far from world class, why doesn't he target Abrahams,Dirrell and even Kessler wants to carry on - at least he will have name with some meaning on his resume - beating the kind of opponents he has does not teach anything but keeps him at European level and not world level.
                Like Groves did before Froch?

I think Degale has every right to be chasing this fight. As long as one person wins convincingly in the rematch Degale is the best domestic opponent for either fighter.

And domestic fights sell.

Even though Degale only has like two fans (his mum and dad probably) who go to watch him fight, he is still a name opponent in the UK. People know who he is, and his divisive personality would generate buzz for a fight with Groves or Froch.

His biggest problem is being promoted by fat Mick.

Comment

If froch beats Groves for the second time, im sure Groves might give Degale a rematch to qualify to fight Froch.

I don't think Froch is obligated to fight all the brits. Froch wants the Degales and Groves to Fly the flag for Britain once hes gone.

I wouldn't mind seeing Froch and Degale, but again, Degale isn't owed a fight. He should concentrate on his own path and fights and fight a somebody first rather than talk too much about Groves and Froch and what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Like Groves did before Froch?

I think Degale has every right to be chasing this fight. As long as one person wins convincingly in the rematch Degale is the best domestic opponent for either fighter.

And domestic fights sell.

Even though Degale only has like two fans (his mum and dad probably) who go to watch him fight, he is still a name opponent in the UK. People know who he is, and his divisive personality would generate buzz for a fight with Groves or Froch.

His biggest problem is being promoted by fat Mick.
                    No one said Groves earned the Froch fight. Froch decided to fight him because, as you have said, domestic fights sell, but if he hadn't fought Groves, no one would have cried "duck". Similarly, the Froch vs Groves winner doesn't HAVE TO fight DeGale, though the fight would certainly make financial sense.

And talking about a fight doesn't mean chasing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X