• Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury Ring Magazine Fighter Of The Year

http://******.craveonline.com/news/4...-year-for-2015

They picked the right man.

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Comment

Comment

He did beat a champion that had reigned for nearly ten years. It was a dreadful fight in terms of excitement, but he nullified a highly regarded champion for twelve rounds in front of 60,000 of his countrymen and justly earned the decision. I was surprised, but I knew from watching Fury, that he was a smart fighter and that this would not be an easy fight for Klitschko. Wlad couldn't pull the trigger and a lot of people claim Fury was not so good, but that Wladimir was just that bad. However, he was no worse than Trinidad against Wright or Morales against Raheem. Boxing is a psychological sport and when one fighter can get into another fighter's head, he can make him beat himself more or less and fall into his rhythm. This is what Fury did and all the opponents before him didn't do that. Even the previous fighters who beat Klitschko didn't win most of the rounds and get into his head like that. They used speed and power- physical attributes. Fury beat him at a mental war. Wlad claimed he would give Fury therapy before the fight, but Fury had the right mindset the whole time. I'm a fan of Wlad's but Fury got inside his head that night and pretty or ugly, he accomplished what so many others never got close to doing. Wlad was champion for nearly ten years. In that whole time, no opponent knocked him down and few won a round against him. This was a massive achievement for a guy coming in with 24 fights and nowhere near the experience or quality of opposition. I praise him for the achievement. However, Klitschko can turn things around in the rematch. He just has to fight Fury like he is the bigger man. So much of Wlad's style is based on being the bigger man in the ring. That is out the window against Fury. But hats off to the gypsy. Great achievement.

Comment

Ehh, woulda preferred DeGale, but Fury is a decent choice.

Comment

Comment

Congrats to Mr. Fury, well deserved for all his hard work and perseverance, especially after the Haye debacle.

Comment

Weak year for this category, but tyson had the biggest win of the year, so he is a deserving winner

Comment

Canelo, Floyd, Fury, and Golovkin have all recieved FOTY from one organization or the other.

Has BWAA announced a winner?

Comment

Unlike Boxingscene staff and Mayweather fanboys, Ring Magazine chose the absolute correct guy.

Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                    X