No announcement yet.

Amir Khan vs Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan vs Brandon Rios

If Khan wins his next fight they need to make Khan vs Rios in 2013.

Is this a good match-up? Who wins and why?

if Khan sticks to boxing he'll beat Rios easily, if he tries to brawl with Rios like he did with Garcia he'll get knocked out again. it all depends on how Khan chooses to fight.

but i don't think the fight will happen yet, Khan will probably rematch Garcia after the Molina fight, then move up to 147.

Comment

Present Khan would get knocked out.

An improved Khan may be able to eek out a decision, but Rios probably knocks him out in the middle rounds. He's relentless, has a granite chin, and hits hard. It would be another Maidana type fight, but Rios has a better overall game than Maidana, and I'm not confident Khan could overcome that.

It would be a great entertaining fight though, which could be on the cards if Khan gets past Molina.

Comment

lol..rios by ko , no way khan survives this one..

Comment

We shall see what changes Hunter makes to Khan however the Khan that was struggling to handle the pressure and attack to the body of Lamont Peterson.....

Comment

A Khan that ties up on the inside embarrasses Rios.

Comment

Id give Khan all the credit in the world for taking this fight. He would make it look good for.a while but eventually gets caught and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                A Khan that ties up on the inside embarrasses Rios.
                he can tie his opponents hands and he'll still have a ****ty chin ..there's no correcting that..

Comment

Dont think Khan's style is going to change at this stage of his career. That fight probably wont be made cuz of the contrast in styles. Khan is a boring fighter to me, Rios brings alot more excitement to fights. But if Khan moves around jabs and holds I think he will win. It will be a boring, ugly fight but he can pull it off, especially if he doesn't get hit on that weak chin of his.

Comment

Khan would lose and possibly retire from boxing after that beating. To beat Rios a fighter has to be extremely focused and disciplined, like Abril was. Khan would start out okay, but there's no doubt he would get lured into a brawl and get starched.

Comment

Working...
                    X