No announcement yet.

British JOKE Justice System, Only 10 Years for Brutal Murder of a Child

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British JOKE Justice System, Only 10 Years for Brutal Murder of a Child

A former Stoke City footballer stabs his 15 year old girlfriend to death,, her body inflicted with 60 stab wounds, gets only 10 years.

People who commit fraud get 8 years or more, people who do bank robberies can get 12 years, so why is it that money is worth more than human life in the UK?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19519386
    Last edited by D4thincarnation; 09-07-2012, 06:15 PM.

Had to bump your jabs dont count thread

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      A former Stoke City footballer stabs his 15 year old girlfriend to death,, her body inflicted with 60 stab wounds, gets only 10 years.

What is worse is this guy will be out in 5 years, being only 23.

People who commit fraud get 8 years or more, people who do bank robberies can get 15 years or more, so why is it that money is worth more than human life in the UK?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19519386
      You read your link of course. No?

An ex-Premier League academy footballer has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 10 years for killing his girlfriend.
      He was not given a 10 year term, he was given life with no possibility of parole for 10 years. That means he won't be out in five years, he'll have to serve at least ten. Unlike someone jailed for Fraud who could be released in half his sentence.

It's very dishonest to tag onto the absolute minimum that he will serve and then point to the absolute maximum possible for some other offences and then fallaciously conclude that in Britain "money is worth more than human life".

By the way sentencing guidelines are available online.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/s...anual/robbery/
      http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/s...manual/murder/

As you can see the starting point for murder committed while under 18 at the date of offence is life with a minimum of 12 years. "Starting point" can mean you go up if there are aggravating circumstances and down if there are mitigating circumstances. It went down because he showed immediate remorse, did not attempt to evade capture and pleaded guilty. Sentencing guidelines can be found down the page I linked to.

Starting point for armed robbery is 4 years for an adult, 3 years for under 18s.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

He was not given a 10 year term, he was given life with no possibility of parole for 10 years. That means he won't be out in five years, he'll have to serve at least ten. Unlike someone jailed for Fraud who could be released in half his sentence.

It's very dishonest to tag onto the absolute minimum that he will serve and then point to the absolute maximum possible for some other offences and then fallaciously conclude that in Britain "money is worth more than human life".

As you can see the starting point for murder committed while under 18 at the date of offence is life with a minimum of 12 years. "Starting point" can mean you go up if there are aggravating circumstances and down if there are mitigating circumstances. It went down because he showed immediate remorse, did not attempt to evade capture and pleaded guilty. Sentencing guidelines can be found down the page I linked to.

Starting point for armed robbery is 4 years for an adult, 3 years for under 18s.

10 years is too little and in all likelihood he will be out in 10 year, and it would not surprise me if it were less by some circumstance.

Your link proves you can get more for robbery 12 years.

And Murderers in the UK have had shorter sentences that this also.

Comment

10 years is too little and in all likelihood he will be out in 10 year, and it would not surprise me if it were less by some circumstance.
          He might be out in ten years, depending on whether or not he takes rehabilitation programs and stays out of trouble in prison. He probably won't be out in ten years though, and if he is it'll be to serve further time in the community.

Your link proves you can get more for robbery 12 years.
          You can get 30 years for repeat offences for armed robbery. Murder is a more serious crime. Murder has a starting point of 12 years regardless of your age, armed robbery has a starting point of 3 years for the same. And remember if you are sentenced to 15 years for an armed bank robbery then you are sentenced to 15 years with possible reduction for good behaviour. If you are sentenced to life with a minimum of 15 years for murder then you have to serve at least 15 years of your sentence before you can be considered for release.

Your conclusion that murder is considered less serious than robbery because "money is worth more than human life" is demonstrably wrong.

Oh, and as for fraud:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/s..._manual/fraud/

The maximum sentence for fraud is 10 years for the most serious case. Custodial sentences measured by the week for lower scale offences and non-custodial sentences such as fines and community orders are also available. Obviously fraud is a lesser crime than either robbery or murder.

And Murderers in the UK have had shorter sentences that this also.
          Show me which ones and I'll show you why.

Comment

He might be out in ten years, depending on whether or not he takes rehabilitation programs and stays out of trouble in prison. He probably won't be out in ten years though, and if he is it'll be to serve further time in the community.

You can get 30 years for repeat offences for armed robbery. Murder is a more serious crime. Murder has a starting point of 12 years regardless of your age, armed robbery has a starting point of 3 years for the same. And remember if you are sentenced to 15 years for an armed bank robbery then you are sentenced to 15 years with possible reduction for good behaviour. If you are sentenced to life with a minimum of 15 years for murder then you have to serve at least 15 years of your sentence before you can be considered for release.

Your conclusion that murder is considered less serious than robbery because "money is worth more than human life" is demonstrably wrong.

Oh, and as for fraud:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/s..._manual/fraud/

The maximum sentence for fraud is 10 years for the most serious case. Custodial sentences measured by the week for lower scale offences and non-custodial sentences such as fines and community orders are also available. Obviously fraud is a lesser crime than either robbery or murder.

Show me which ones and I'll show you why.
            Yes when people get more jail time for robbery than murder it obviously says money is worth more than human life.

So I'll stand by that statement.

And conspiracy to defraud you will get a lot more.

Comment

It all depends on how he killed her. Did he stab her with a jabbing motion? Because if he did, they shouldn't count and he would get the lesser sentence.

Comment

Yes when people get more jail time for robbery than murder it obviously says money is worth more than human life.

So I'll stand by that statement.
                I have demonstrated that people do not get more jail time for robbery than for murder. Standing by your statement is merely being stubborn. A life sentence is more than a 15 year sentence, even if your life sentence stipulates a minimum term that is less than 15 years. Because your life sentence is a life sentence.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJus...ords/DG_187041

The UK Parole Board differentiates between determinate sentences (such as the aforementioned 15 years for armed robbery) and indeterminate sentences (such as life terms for murder). An armed robber sentenced to 15 years would be released into the community after 7 1/2 years to serve the rest of his sentence "under license". A murderer serving life with a minimum term of ten years would be eligible to apply for parole after serving 9 years. If parole is granted (the Parole Board needs to decide if an early release would be safe) then the prisoner would be released after they have served the 10 years and not before. If it was not granted they would remain in prison and be allowed to apply at regular intervals.

Standing by your statement in the face of it being demonstrated as wrong is an exercise in stubbornness.

And conspiracy to defraud you will get a lot more.
                Wrong. Successful fraud involving professional planning over a significant amount of time to a value of more than half a million pounds has a starting point of 4 years. The maximum sentence is 7 years.

Conspiracy to defraud under common law has a maximum sentence of 10 years for amounts of a million pounds and involving significant breaches of trust against vulnerable peoples.

Concede defeat. I can do this all day!

Comment

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAA!!!! What a complete and utter ownage!

Comment

I'm no lawyer. But I can read.

Comment

Working...
                    X