Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather and Pacquiao would have to rethink strategy if they ever fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather and Pacquiao would have to rethink strategy if they ever fought?

If the fight between the two ever did occur I just don't think either one would use the same game plans they have been using in their recent fights. I think I would be a fight with alot of footwork, movement on the part of both fighters. Mayweather not being as flatfooted, and Pacquiao not as straightforward squared up. Between both of the fighters I feel it would be Pacquiao who would have to make the most adjustments to the gameplan. For Mayweather it would be nothing new to just box, move, and potshot. I personally feel it would be enough to beat Pacquiao if he doesn't make adjustments. As for Pacquiao, he would have to do more in and out and head movement. He would probably have to find a way to turn Mayweather and keep him from using his right hand. Easier said than done, but Pacquiao's footwork allows him to do that. Pacquiao would also have to give Mayweather alot of different looks, with feints and making sure Mayweather can't anticipate when Pacquiao will set his feet to throw his punches, because if there is one thing Mayweather does well it's beating you to the punch by anticipating when his opponent will get set to throw his punches as he showed recently against ortiz. Pacquiao has to be conscious that he would be fighting someone who is going to stand tall, move, counter him at a skill level far better than Marquez, and not give him the luxury of coming forward. Mayweather has to be conscious he'll be fighting someone whose definition of a combination isn't just a conventional three punch 1,2 and hook to the body. That if he does stand flatfooted, pacquiao can still fight with power without having his feet set and that he can punch at awkward angles that Mayweathers defensive stance isn't accustomed to. To me it's still a toss up. Mayweather proved that the issue of fighting southpaws is pretty much irrelevant. Pacquiao still has some questions to answer. It wont help him just to over power Marquez. If they say he has evolved into a better fighter overall since their last meeting then he will have to showcase it seeing as how his recent opponents haven't really forced him to dig deep or box. How do you guys think both would have to adjust if they ever did fight?
Working...
X