Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How your race affects your dating life: A pretty interesting study by a dating site

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
    Dating sites are dumb as hell. Same with looking for love on a social networking site like facebook, myspace, or myyearbook(yes whatever the **** this site is or does my sister loves it).

I'll say the same thing I keep telling my sister. Only desperate people use that site that are scared of the outside world and afraid to associate with people in person. My sister invited a guy over from the internet who hardly said a word. I don't know if he was scared of me and my boy or what. I told her you'll only find desperate ugly fools or a 40 year old pedofile. Take your pick...
    I used to think the same thing but I changed my mind since then. It's just the change of the times man. Before people used to go out and meet at clubs, bars, whatever. Now with the advances in technology, it's a matter of convenience and finding people with the same interests.

I personally have never used one and don't do anything like that on the internet because I'm old school but I can see why younger people do it. I recently had a friend who put himself on one of those dating sites and found a chick he's really diggin right now, so more power to him.

I'm with you though, I think I prefer person to person meetings but I don't think these sites are for losers, it's just a change of the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
      Seems racist. It tries to disrespect black women by portraying them as desperate which I find both offensive and untrue.
      What i notice is that in the white clubs, black women usually dances with anyone. Where as the white women are more picky and elbows u off.

Comment

This tells me stereotypes rule the internet. Every race male and female has a "stigma" about them that people believe which shows itself in the results of this particular test.
        Last edited by SkillspayBills; 03-23-2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
          Dating sites are dumb as hell. Same with looking for love on a social networking site like facebook, myspace, or myyearbook(yes whatever the **** this site is or does my sister loves it).

I'll say the same thing I keep telling my sister. Only desperate people use that site that are scared of the outside world and afraid to associate with people in person. My sister invited a guy over from the internet who hardly said a word. I don't know if he was scared of me and my boy or what. I told her you'll only find desperate ugly fools or a 40 year old pedofile. Take your pick...
          1.90% Chance I've had sex with more women than you have
          2.The reason that's a 90% chance is because of websites like facebook myspace, yahoo, msn and sconex(old site).

Comment

It's all up to the individual. . . If you're found attractive by females, they're going to run up on ya. . . .

Comment

Dont frown cause im brown

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/yo...rite-you-back/

"Black women write back the most. Whether it’s due to talkativeness, loneliness, or a sense of plain decency, black women are by far the most likely to respond to a first contact attempt. In many cases, their response rate is one and a half times the average, and, overall, black women reply about a quarter more often that other women.

White men get more responses. Whatever it is, white males just get more replies from almost every group. We were careful to preselect our data pool so that physical attractiveness (as measured by our site picture-rating utility) was roughly even across all the race/gender slices. For guys, we did likewise with height.

White women prefer white men to the exclusion of everyone else—and Asian and Hispanic women prefer them even more exclusively. These three types of women only respond well to white men. More significantly, these groups’ reply rates to non-whites is terrible. Asian women write back non-white males at 21.9%, Hispanic women at 22.9%, and white women at 23.0%. It’s here where things get interesting, for white women in particular. If you look at the match-by-race table before this one, the “should-look-like” one, you see that white women have an above-average compatibility with almost every group. Yet they only reply well to guys who look like them. There’s more data on this towards the end of the post.

Men don’t write black women back. Or rather, they write them back far less often than they should. Black women reply the most, yet get by far the fewest replies. Essentially every race—including other blacks—singles them out for the cold shoulder.

White guys respond less overall. The average reply rate of non-white males is 48.1%, while white guys’ is only 40.5%. Basically, they write back about 20% less often. It’s ironic that white guys are worst responders, because as we saw above they in turn get the most replies. That has apparently made them very self-absorbed."

Interesting stuff.

nothing new. looks pretty accurate to me. Thus explains the angry black woman syndrome. white women are trained by their mothers to only marry and date (publicly) white men and always make sure they have money before they marry. Not black women. Young asian women nowadays are wanna be white women. Hispanics are my favorite because if they love you they love you although that is also their weakness. too much drama.

Although from my experience almost all non white women have utter disdain at the thought of non white men dating white women.

Comment

So us white boys have a better chance of stealing your women....we have flaws. I can't dunk a basketball, I can't dance, and I've never fired a gun. Pros and cons to everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    So us white boys have a better chance of stealing your women....we have flaws. I can't dunk a basketball, I can't dance, and I've never fired a gun. Pros and cons to everything!
                    women outwights all the cons you have.

Comment

I wonder who has it worst.

Asian Men, or Black Women.

Comment

Working...
                      X