Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis is one of the most underrated champions of all times. Shame shame shame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    He beat the dog shart out of Vitali

Vitali said he would fight the winner of Haye vs Chisora, he said he wanted to KO Haye because his cowardly brother was unable to hurt Haye.

After he saw the way Haye handled Chisora, he got very scared and decided he wanted no part of the Hayemaker.

Vitali is a coward, he's only known for one fight where he lost...haha
    LOL, bringing Haye into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
      ali's resume s h i t s all over europe... deal with it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Nice nationalist/race baiting.. Lewis=Europe now? Is that what he represent?
      Does Ali represent American Blacks?

I'm fine with trolling but: Leave the nationality bashing out of this thread or I will give a ban.

Lewis and Wlad didn't have the chances Ali did.

To say that Ali's resume is >than Lewis and of course Wlad is acceptable.

But to act as if these super heavys would not have had a chance against the Golden era is pure ignorance.

Lennox was a big big unit, 6'5 242.. and he wasn't a big clumsy robot... he was a fluid boxer puncher jabber mover..

Wlad is not the Lewis clone people make him out to be.. but the basic concepts is the same.. He's a big big fighter with very good skills.

The likes of Fury Price are bigger, but they don't have even 60% of the Skills Lewis and Wlad has...

Both LL and Wlado would have won against the vast majority of Ali's resume.

(and of course Vice Versa)

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        Vitali that fought Peter, Gomez and Arreola is much better than the one who fought Lennox in my opinion.
        Ridiculous

So the Vitali who spent MORE rounds against Peter, fat Arreola and cruiser Gomez is better than the Vitali who spent LESS rounds against Sanders, Williams and Kirk Johnson?

Comment

• Another under rated win for Lewis:

Razer Ruddock 8-5 favorite over the Young Brit Lewis.
          Ruddock the most feared puncher in the division.

http://articles.philly.com/1992-10-3...k-hbo-telecast

This is how they described Ruddock
          possesses vast potential for ring greatness, so much so that it wouldn't come as much of a surprise if he went on to win the world championship and hold it for years

Massive talent and hype beyond Ruddock.
          Prediction: Ruddock by sixth-round TKO

More evidence that Bowe ducked LEWIS

With a promised spring date against the winner of the Nov. 13 heavyweight title fight between champion Evander Holyfield and challenger Riddick Bowe as the prize, Ruddock (27-3-1, 20 knockouts) and Lewis (21-0, 18 KOs) swap punches tonight at Earls Court Arena to determine who steps to the front of the line, and who falls back in the pack.

Funny how haters agendas work right? Prior to the fight, people were saying Ruddock was gonna knock Lewis the **** out.. 2 decades later.. Ruddock is brushed under the rug by Lewis Haters and being called a 'nobody'.

Lawl..

Comment

• Comment

• More interesting facts:

During a 7 month stretch from 97-98

Lennox Lewis's opponents had a combined record of 115-3.

Briggs-Zeijko-Awkinade-Golota

Golota's two losses should realistically have been wins. So it was more like
              117-1

Shocking streak...

Comment

• Originally posted by Furn View Post
                It's all subjective I think you can make a case for Anywhere from 3-10, and you you wouldn't be wrong.

A lot of ignorance in this thread though.

Yes he lost twice , he avenged those and you can argue he didnt clearly beat an ATG in their absolute prime, but he beat 3 at least.

geez, here's a guy that made very good, super dangerous guys like a prime Tua, Ruddock and Golata just look ordinary.

Two guys had a mental breakdown fighting him. No one in history handles Lennox with ease, and on his day he beats every HW that ever fought.
                Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Top 3 all time.

In all honesty, Lennox at his best beats any HW, ever.

Great posts!

Comment

• Lewis would walk through many/most of the standard "ATGs".

People who completely dismiss all of his accomplishments have an agenda ("this pathetic era of boxing/americans not winning boxing must suck"). They use him as a springboard to launch into that tired rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                    More interesting facts:

During a 7 month stretch from 97-98

Lennox Lewis's opponents had a combined record of 115-3.

Briggs-Zeijko-Awkinade-Golota

Golota's two losses should realistically have been wins. So it was more like
                    117-1

Shocking streak...
                    They sucked tho. Mafia-managed fighters who beat up local hobos and railroad workers in the 1960s were the much better. I know this because I am a boxing expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                      They sucked tho. Mafia-managed fighters who beat up local hobos and railroad workers in the 1960s were the much better. I know this because I am a boxing expert.
                      Who did Briggs, Zeijko or Akinwande beat?

Comment

Working...
                      X