No announcement yet.

Dana: "Silva probably next for GSP if he beats Condit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana: "Silva probably next for GSP if he beats Condit"

“I think if we do the fight with (Anderson Silva) and Georges St-Pierre, it would be at a catchweight; probably like 178 (pounds), something like that,” White said on Tuesday’s edition of the Dave & Mahoney show on X107.5 radio in Las Vegas.

“Georges St-Pierre says he does (want the fight),” he added. “He wants to do it, yeah.”

GSP’s desire is definitely a key to making this fight happen. The welterweight champion has often said that he would have to put on permanent weight to move up and challenge Silva at middleweight; that he didn’t want to be one of the guys that bounces back and forth between weight classes.

A catchweight fight, however, could solve that issue, and leave both belts intact.

Silva’s camp has also been quite vocal lately, saying that there isn’t much left for him at middleweight. They have specifically targeted a super fight with St-Pierre.

So it seems the stars are aligning for this fight to possibly happen; at least, more so than ever before.

When asked if this could be St-Pierre’s next fight if he gets past Carlos Condit at UFC 154 in November, White even went so far to answer, “Probably.”

That’s far from definitive, but it’s the closest the UFC kingpin has ever come to saying the fight was going to actually take place.

“He has got to beat Condit first though,” White added, leaving an out. “That’s a tough fight. Georges has been off for over a year, so we’ll see.”
    MMAweekly.com

Great News

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      “I think if we do the fight with (Anderson Silva) and Georges St-Pierre, it would be at a catchweight; probably like 178 (pounds), something like that,” White said
      lol wow. I said this EXACT same thing on sherdog a couple of years ago. like to a T.

they should fight at a catchweight of 178 lbs so that it would be more of a fair fight and win/lose they could both go back to their weight class as champs.

I guess Dana must have read my post.

Comment

GSP all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          lol wow. I said this EXACT same thing on sherdog a couple of years ago. like to a T.

they should fight at a catchweight of 178 lbs so that it would be more of a fair fight and win/lose they could both go back to their weight class as champs.

I guess Dana must have read my post.
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=19

Comment

stop editing your post , you try too hard too impress people

Comment

Working...
            X