No announcement yet.

protien shake after workout or food?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protien shake after workout or food?

do u have to have the protein shake right after a workout or can you eat first then shake later, i normally eat first cuz i dont want my food to get cold, and then shake after, thoughts?

Shake first since its liquid and gets digested quickly

You need to eat something withen 20 mins

But you can eat food if its ready right after you work out

Comment

My thoughts have always been, if you can get in a good solid meal, you do that. Protein shakes should only be used when you can't.

Comment

ye i get food from this healthy shop on the way back from the gym so i wanna eat that b4 it gets cold, and the shake fills me up if i have it before food, so i have it with water afterwards

Comment

From the stuff I've read and been told you need to get protein within 20-30 mins after working out. If you are eating then it is gonna take longer for the food to get digested and absorbed into your system, so the best thing is a protein shake straight after your workout.

Comment

The reason athletes take protein generally is to recover AFTER a workout. Protein heals your muscles and allows them to grow when you are resting.

You should take a protein shake no more than 20-30 minutes after you have done a hard workout. You should eat something, like complex carbs about 3 hours BEFORE you work out to give you energy to burn.

Comment

I would say protein shake after working out, then a meal about 50-60 minutes after shake

Comment

so what if i have a shake then a meal straight after with out waiting?

Comment

Originally posted by Cab Driver View Post
                  so what if i have a shake then a meal straight after with out waiting?
                  It depends on what you are trying to do. Are you trying to lose weight? Gain weight? It all depends.

Comment

maybe gain a little weight, not too much though.

Comment

Working...
                    X