No announcement yet.

What's the best gun for home defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
    tua's right, the notion that you barely have to aim a shotgun is a myth.

I've done this test out in the field.
    I shoot my shotguns every single weekend dude. A shotgun will clear a room faster than a glock with less skilled shooter holding the shotgun. It's not meant to be a super accurate weapon it's meant to throw as much led out as possible in the shortest amount of time possible..

Comment

I thought everyone kept their mags loaded.

I know I do.
      vet's gun is more for target shooting.

he's not really concerned with self defense.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        I live in an apartment. He said something like anything stronger will tear up the apartment and might go through the walls. Thats why I made the thread. It didnt sound right.

000 Buckshots. Ill look those up.
        Buckshot will go through drywall like a hot knife through butter.

I've done this test out in the field as well.

Birdshot for apt dwellings if you care about your neighbors.

Comment

If you live in a house, then load it up w/ buckshot. And always keep slugs handy since it turns the shotgun into a long range rifle.

If you live in an apt where you are worried about shooting through the walls and nailing innocent neighbors, use bird shot.

But keep double 00 buck handy as well as slugs.

The 12 gauge is the best home defense weapon imo. Its rugged, intimidating, powerful and extremely effective in cq combat.
          Yeah thats what they were saying...

I live in an apt though....

Is it easy enough for a girl with no experience to load it up and aim it?

But anyway so far I see:

Birdshots for Apt's

000 and 00 Buckshots get those as well

And keep some some slugs handy.

EDIT- I just seen ur post.

Birdshots it is then.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            I here the 1911 is a great handgun.
            It was a fun gun too shoot but really inaccurate, almost impossible to site in and I'm an experienced shooter. I just had no reason to have a handgun so I sold it and bought a 30/30....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              I shoot my shotguns every single weekend dude. A shotgun will clear a room faster than a glock with less skilled shooter holding the shotgun. It's not meant to be a super accurate weapon it's meant to throw as much led out as possible in the shortest amount of time possible..
              I know that.

But you still have to aim it properly or you will miss with all that lead.

Comment

For Burner, I'd recommend mace. Less risk of hurting himself with it.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
                  For Burner, I'd recommend mace. Less risk of hurting himself with it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    at across the room distances , the pellets don't spread much.

i think shotguns are one of the hardest things to use effectively for a beginner.

i can take a girl out on a date and even if it's her first time shooting a gun , she can get reasonably accurate with a handgun.

my sister can handle a shotgun well but it took multiple times of her practicing with it and she just doesn't like it.

Comment

British ppl have to kiss to they royalty, so the thing was dont give the common man gun because they may overthrow the royal ones, so thats why the never got the option of owning guns but the Queen's husband on his visit to Jamaica said since our crime rate in terrible and the government can protect it citizens why haven't they given us the right to own guns?

Comment

Working...
                      X