Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Kell BROOK: Turning Down A Title Shot Is A B!tch Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Brook has no time to prepare for Bradley. Bradley is insistant on fighting this year. If thats the case then Brook is right to turn it down. Bradley wouldnt beat Kell anyway. unless he gets the same three judges that judged the pac fight!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
      Its not a b!tch move its a get rich move.He does`nt want to risk losing out on a big fight with Hatton which would be huge in England.Bradley`s only fans are his wife and kids so the money he would make from that would go to tipping a waiter.

Besides the belts is not going anywhere he could always fight for a belt later.

Comment

Criticize a guy for saying utterly stupid things like being ready for the elite when he hasnn't fought anyone yet. Cool. But I'm not one for using words like "*****" and "coward" for guys that do for a living what I wouldn't even do for a mess around. Kell Brook got a serious reality check and his team know he isn't ready for an immediate title shot. This isn't Rocky, where a champ throws around title shots and you get them for fun if you lose. In this game you get thrown to the wolves by networks and fans alike for failing efforts. Brook might look foolish for mouthing off but he'd be a bigger one for not realising his shortcomings and trying to learn from them before moving upwards.

Khan thought he was only two fights from Mayweather after beating Graham Earl for Pete's sake. He found out it's pretty damn tough at the top. So has Kell Brook. He wants another fight? Fine. I ain't getting in the ring and I'm not paying PPV for him yet.

Comment

Its disappointing for us fans.

But for Brook it's a smart move. Tim Bradley is not beatable for someone like Kell Brook and the proof is in his last fight against Carson Jones.

Personally I think Brook is somewhat overrated by some of his fans and again his struggle against Carson Jones reaffirmed this for me.

Comment

The judges gave Timmy the nod when he lost 8-4 to Pac, if I were Brook I wouldn't fight him in the US right now either.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
              Its disappointing for us fans.

But for Brook it's a smart move. Tim Bradley is not beatable for someone like Kell Brook and the proof is in his last fight against Carson Jones.

Personally I think Brook is somewhat overrated by some of his fans and again his struggle against Carson Jones reaffirmed this for me.
              Jones is no scrub, he's a tossup or better with half the Ring top 10 at welter: Brook, Zaveck, Bailey, Lopez, Ortiz, Guerrero. I'm pretty sure these last two would not last the distance with him

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Jones is no scrub, he's a tossup or better with half the Ring top 10 at welter: Brook, Zaveck, Bailey, Lopez, Ortiz, Guerrero. I'm pretty sure these last two would not last the distance with him
                But it never should have become an "grinder" situation for Brook. The gulf in talent is so wide that it should have been 118-110.

Brook should have been in-shape for a rugged guy like Jones, and just put hands and move and outbox and outclass that kid all night.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  I agree Jones is a good solid competitive fighter but can he really be compared to Bradley? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
                    I agree Jones is a good solid competitive fighter but can he really be compared to Bradley? I don't think so.
                    No, and I don't think Brook beats Bradley, but Tim is a different fighter than Jones. Jones used to fight at 154 and 160, is a pressure fighter with good power.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                      But it never should have become an "grinder" situation for Brook. The gulf in talent is so wide that it should have been 118-110.

Brook should have been in-shape for a rugged guy like Jones, and just put hands and move and outbox and outclass that kid all night.
                      The gulf in talent is also huge between Khan and Garcia. Talent helps, but doesn't win you fights automatically. There's a lot to be said for chin, stamina, mental strength, etc.

Agree Jones is vulnerable to movers, but it's hard to move for 12rds, esp when the other guy is taxing the body hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X