• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
    Yeah that card was filled out on Friday night no question about it

Comment

corrupt because he was there for this exact reason 117-111

Comment

Originally posted by caliAv View Post
        I'm still waiting for you to explain the 117-111 you scored you probably can't explain it like levi and Oscar

Whats there to explain, you boy got dicked down, thats why he ran. deal with it, boy.....

Comment

Originally posted by Finn View Post
          Only a true nut hugger with that salty nut-breath could agree with this stuff.

Canelo vs. Lara - 117-111 (Levi Martinez)
          Canelo vs. Floyd - 114-114 (C.J. Ross)
          Canelo vs. Trout - 118-109 (Stanley Christodoulou)

I believe that GBP has had at least one judge paid off in all of Canelo's bigger fights.
          This guy is right.

How else would one explain those bs scorecards?.

If it happens once, one gets the benefit of the doubt, maybe a judge had a bad night.

If it happens twice , it is suspicious. And why on earth would one choose CJ Ross after she scored Pac vs Bradley for Bradley?. Her career was already over after that, one starts to think she was cashing out.

If it happens three times, only a fool can call it a coincidence, or say that it was -just- a close fight.

It was relatively close, but was also fixed.

Comment

lmao wow so Lara landed 10 more punches over 12 rounds.... 10 MORE

Lara had his chance and blew it, all hail King Canelo..

Maybe Lara can see out the remainder of his career fighting on King Canelo's undercards

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              Canelo won a close fight my friend. The judge that gave him the fight 9 - 3 should be looked into but he gave the card to Canelo regardless. That means whether he gave Lara a few more rounds or not he would have picked Canelo over Lara anyways. Scorecards are subjective, what one man sees can be completely different to what the man standing next to him sees. I share your disgust with the poor scoring but disagree on the outcome. I believe Canelo won 7 - 5 but that's a void opinion, seeing as how I'm a fan of the sport with no true power over the decisions that are made on fight nights.

Canelo was quite lacklustre so no, I'm not satisfied. However, it takes 2 to make a fight so both get credit on that regard. I enjoyed the fight, Lara showed skill when he decided to counter and stick and move for the 5 rounds I gave him. Canelo showed nice combinations to the body and a beautiful uppercut on the 7th, I believe that was a preview of what could have happened if Lara had decided to stand his ground but counter effectively.

At the end of the day Canelo won and there isn't much we can do about it. No amount of arguing, petitions, hate and spiteful comments will ever change that, at least not in this reality. I doubt Lara will get the rematch but who really knows? Perhaps he displays a new dimension to his style, whoops some top guys and Canelo finds interest in the fight again. GL to Lara and his fans, I will continue to watch him whenever he fights, he is a great boxer and very technical***8230; I enjoy boxing as a sport and not as a nationalistic badge to put on full display on some forum.
              A reasonable and well thought out comment giving respect to both competitors, the boards will likely not stand for this.

I had it 7-5 for Lara, but 7-5 for Canelo is plausible. 9-3 for Canelo on the other hand is ridiculous IMO. But as you say, it's hard to find anything to really do about it.
              Last edited by Visceral; 07-15-2014, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                yeah and 4.5833333 were jabs
                Not that it really mattered, but these guys are crying robbery and this dude landed 1 more punch in 10 of 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                X