No announcement yet.

Sam Peter vs The Fringe contenders of the 1990s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Peter vs The Fringe contenders of the 1990s

Would Sam Peter have been a top contender in the 1990s how would he have fared against these fighters:

Ray Mercer
    Bert Cooper
    Andrew Golota
    Oliver McCall
    Tim Witherspoon
    Tommy Morrison
    David Tua
    Razor Ruddock

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Would Sam Peter have been a top contender in the 1990s how would he have fared against these fighters:

Ray Mercer
    Bert Cooper
    Andrew Golota
    Oliver McCall
    Tim Witherspoon
    Tommy Morrison
    David Tua
    Razor Ruddock
    Let's get down to brass tacks.

You're basically using this post as a stick to beat Vitali/Wlad with.

I'm apathetic about the Klitschko's so have no agenda here whatsoever.

Peter gets canned by em all apart form McCall and maybe Cooper. Who knows what version of those two average fighters turns up from fight to fight anyway.

Peter is and always has been average at best. Surely boxing fans know this. This thread is horse **** and clearly bait.

You don't like the Klits, others nut hug. We get it.

Comment

Ray Mercer
      Bert Cooper
      Andrew Golota
      Oliver McCall
      Tim Witherspoon
      Tommy Morrison
      David Tua
      Razor Ruddock
      he beats cooper,tua,ruddock,golata,he gets schooled by the others

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
        he beats cooper,tua,ruddock,golata,he gets schooled by the others
        He beats Ruddock and Tua?

Cant see that mate. Ruddock smashes his stationery head into bits. So does Tua, a fighter I'm no fan of.

Comment

Dokes would put it on em

Comment

Ray Mercer
            Bert Cooper
            Andrew Golota
            Oliver McCall
            Tim Witherspoon
            Tommy Morrison
            David Tua
            Razor Ruddock
            i could see him beating cooper,morrison,witherspoon,ruddock,golota

only 2 of those guys i say definitely beat him would be mercer and tua.mccall is to much a nut job so he's a tossup in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
              i could see him beating cooper,morrison,witherspoon,ruddock,golota

only 2 of those guys i say definitely beat him would be mercer and tua.mccall is to much a nut job so he's a tossup in my opinion
              How exactly does this flat footed fool even get close to Witherspoon or Ruddock?

They're hardly ATG's themselves but I'd probably even pick Bruno to clean Peters clock.

Comment

Only names I see him beating are Cooper and McCall.

Comment

Originally posted by VibesMan View Post
                  How exactly does this flat footed fool even get close to Witherspoon or Ruddock?

They're hardly ATG's themselves but I'd probably even pick Bruno to clean Peters clock.
                  what exactly are ruddocks and witherspoons claims to fame?
                  ruddock never stopped anybody good,and got ko'd by the duke.sam can take a punch and give 1 so i give him a good shot at beating razor

witherspoon was solid but i dont think he would do good a mad bomber like peter,nor did he have the power to keep him off

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
                    what exactly are ruddocks and witherspoons claims to fame?
                    ruddock never stopped anybody good,and got ko'd by the duke.sam can take a punch and give 1 so i give him a good shot at beating razor

witherspoon was solid but i dont think he would do good a mad bomber like peter,nor did he have the power to keep him off
                    Sometimes I have to wonder if you've even seen the fighters that you criticize with such convinction.

Ruddock's unorthodox uppercut would work extremely well on Peter, who seems to be most suspectible to the punch, see the McCline and the recent Klitschko fight. This is a punch he managed to tag Tyson with, and even a diminished Tyson has far better defense than Peter. Ruddock was washed up at the time he faced Morrison, let's see how Peter does from this point onwards before bringing up Ruddock's career post-Tyson.

Witherspoon did not only have the power to keep Peter off, he had the power to knock him clean out. His overhand right, "the Can Opener", was a powerful punch, as his 38 KO victims can testify to.

Regardless, he doesn't need the power to completely outbox the slow and sloppy Peter as Eddie Chambers showed.
                    Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-15-2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X