No announcement yet.

Cassius Clay vs Henry Cooper 1.......Torn Glove Controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassius Clay vs Henry Cooper 1.......Torn Glove Controversy

I keep reading wankers claiming that Ali received 1 or even 2 extra minutes in between rounds 4 and 5 after he got Knocked Down by Cooper.

I have seen many versions of this fight on video. Atmost, Ali only received 6-11 extra seconds.

Can the people who claim Ali received 1 extra minute of recovery time please provide evidence. Post a link to the version of the video you have seen.

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
    I keep reading wankers claiming that Ali received 1 or even 2 extra minutes in between rounds 4 and 5 after he got Knocked Down by Cooper.

I have seen many versions of this fight on video. Atmost, Ali only received 6-11 extra seconds.

Can the people who claim Ali received 1 extra minute of recovery time please provide evidence. Post a link to the version of the video you have seen.
    One thing thats clear is that 1. a torn glove will cut a face more easily and Cooper lost on cuts and 2. Dundee admitted to knowing of the rip and ripping it more and 3. All tapes show Dundee administering an illegal substance to Ali. Ali is a cheater and a coward and a fraud. Deal with it. Oh and Cooper weighed 185 lbs haha what a joke Ali is.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMagicMan View Post
      One thing thats clear is that 1. a torn glove will cut a face more easily and Cooper lost on cuts and 2. Dundee admitted to knowing of the rip and ripping it more and 3. All tapes show Dundee administering an illegal substance to Ali. Ali is a cheater and a coward and a fraud. Deal with it. Oh and Cooper weighed 185 lbs haha what a joke Ali is.
      Typical ****. Where is the link to Ali having an extra minute mother****er??? Coward

I guess you are talking about the smelling salts right? I guess if Dundee is a cheat for using it, than hundreds of other fighters from that era must be cheats aswell.

Cooper was 185 pounds?? What does that have to do with anything related to this thread?

Wladimir Klitschko got dropped by bums Brewster, Purrity and Sanders. What a ****ing joke. LMAO.
      Last edited by Fighting Marine; 06-29-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

I've asked them to provide evidence for different things but all of the Ali haters just ignore my posts and continue with there nonsensical bull****.

No point asking them to provide anything, they're all completely opinionated, the only thing they bring up is that
        "Ali was knocked down a few times by people weighing less so he must be a bum".
        Last edited by NChristo; 06-29-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          I've asked them to provide evidence for different things but all of the Ali haters just ignore my posts and continue with there nonsensical bull****.

No point asking them to provide anything, they're all completely opinionated, the only thing they bring up is that
          "Ali was knocked down a few times by people weighing less so he must be a bum".
          Ali haters are the worst. Absolutely gutless.

You seem like a knowledgeable lad. What do you know of smelling smalts? When were they made illegal in boxing?? From all the Ali hate talk I must assume they were illegal in the British Boxing Ring atleast?

Comment

Dont worry I'm not a hater!

I do have videos of interviews where Angelo Dundee almost jovially admits making the tear worse to buy time for his man. His admission is also referred in Gerald Suster's 'Champions of the Ring'.

For what its worth all the videos I have seen of the fight show that there was hardly a delay at all, just a few seconds. If I remember rightly the gloves were examined but not deemed as necessary for replacement, therefore the fight resumed without much delay.

As for the smelling salts administered. Yes they are now illegal. In the instance of brain injuries the chemical apparently can exacerbate the dangers of bloodclots. But they were not illegal in the 60s and were certainly not a PED or anything!!!

Comment

Smelling salts were used until mid 80s late 90s (don't know the exact date) where research fount that they increased bleeding in the brain and caused blood clots.

They definitely weren't illegal in the 1960s.
              Last edited by NChristo; 06-29-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                Dont worry I'm not a hater!

I do have videos of interviews where Angelo Dundee almost jovially admits making the tear worse to buy time for his man. His admission is also referred in Gerald Suster's 'Champions of the Ring'.

For what its worth all the videos I have seen of the fight show that there was hardly a delay at all, just a few seconds. If I remember rightly the gloves were examined but not deemed as necessary for replacement, therefore the fight resumed without much delay.

As for the smelling salts administered. Yes they are now illegal. In the instance of brain injuries the chemical apparently can exacerbate the dangers of bloodclots. But they were not illegal in the 60s and were certainly not a PED or anything!!!
                So Dundee's apparent attempt at worsening the torn glove had no effect as the Ref deemed the glove OK and not in need of replacement???

I am well aware of the negative effects of smelling salts to the brain and that they are now illegal, but were they illegal in this fight???

Thanks

Comment

Smelling salts were used until mid 80s late 90s (don't know the exact date) where research fount that they increased bleeding in the brain and caused blood clots.

So the claim by Ali haters that Dundee cheated is a lie???

I can't seem to find an article on when exactly smelling salts were made illegal as reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
                    So the claim by Ali haters that Dundee cheated is a lie???

I can't seem to find an article on when exactly smelling salts were made illegal as reference.
                    Eddie Futch used salts on Ken Norton openly in their 2nd fight, no complaints or anything were made then and the commentators clearly seen them use it.

I'll try and find a later example or an article.

Woops typo, I meant early 90s.

Comment

Working...
                    X