No announcement yet.

Anybody here a fan of Genki Sudo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here a fan of Genki Sudo

Watching his fights in youtube makes me wonder how this guy would fare in UFC if he didn't retire too early.

Fedor may be the GOAT MMA fighter but Genki Sudo is my personal GOAT. Dude was extremely skilled and talented during his time as a fighter. He'd clown his opponents and pop a submission on you from any height and any angle. Aside from being a beast MMA fighter, Genki's also an amazing person in general.

If he were still an active fighter to this day, he'd do very well for sure. He had a short stint in the UFC and he did well. Got robbed though vs. Ludwig.
    Last edited by Ruthless One; 04-04-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I became a fan when I heard about him after his retirement. Still need to watch more of his career. Love his fights and Fedor as well.

Comment

On of my favorite fighters of all time.

Comment

Igor Vovchanchyn was another guy that retired early and kicked some butt, more as a striker though.

Comment

i prefer the more dominant knockout artists like Igor, Cro Cop Wandy Fedor etc
            Last edited by AlexKid; 04-08-2016, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Yeah they're great too, but I also love a well executed submission. Fedor also has a lot of submission wins to go with his knockout wins, which also makes him great.

Comment

He had couple of fights in UFC. Entertaining ones as usual when Genki fights.

Interesting persona too. I like his odd dance videos too

Shame that he retired. Would have been fun to see more of him, maybe in UFC or Pride some years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
                  He had couple of fights in UFC. Entertaining ones as usual when Genki fights.

Interesting persona too. I like his odd dance videos too

Shame that he retired. Would have been fun to see more of him, maybe in UFC or Pride some years ago
                  I think the timing of his retirement was alright. He said he wanted to pursue other interests and he's pretty successful today. He's got his singing+dance group like you mentioned, is an actor in Japan, and also teaches martial arts/wrestling at a university.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
                    I think the timing of his retirement was alright. He said he wanted to pursue other interests and he's pretty successful today. He's got his singing+dance group like you mentioned, is an actor in Japan, and also teaches martial arts/wrestling at a university.
                    Career wise it might have been a good call, but as a fan it stings since it was always so awesome to see him fight, whether it was MMA, kickboxing or grappling. But he did well enough and as said, has other interests. Hell, he even said during his fighting career that he prefers and likes dancing more than fighting anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X