Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny's best weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some are confused while others got the question.

I'm not saying what would be his best weight at his current age with slowed reflexes I'm asking at his peak what was his best weight.

I know most like to say 126-130 but unfortunately that's 2 weight classes so just pick the best 1.

Comment

Even though he only fought at 140 once, that's his best weight. He carried welterweight power with lightweight speed.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I think his best weight today would be 135. He gave two great performances against Dias and Hatton at an age when men have stopped growing. He weighed in at 138 for Hatton with ease so I am sure taking off 3 more pounds and staying strong would be no problem. There is only one lightweight in the world that would have much of a chance to beat him and he is fighting that man on December 8th.
        +100500

Comment

PAC best weight was at 126 no doubt. His speed and power was top notch but he just lacked the full boxing skills he has today. If only he had the full potential skills he has today back then at 126 he would be mighty deadly.

Comment

Even though he only fought once at each, either 135 or 140. That was when he had both the skills and the freakish talent.

Comment

he's a great size for 140

Comment

Originally posted by boxing is alive View Post
                Even though he only fought at 140 once, that's his best weight. He carried welterweight power with lightweight speed.
                agreed.

that's his physical peak.

Comment

I'd say 130. I think that where he matured into his best technical self while still with max pop and speed.

Comment

i think he's natrually somewhere between a junior WW and a LW now.

143 against marquez
                    138 against hatton

both camps with a heavy diet for a fighter.

his best weight was 122-130

freakish speed and power, and a massive chin.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      I'd say 130. I think that where he matured into his best technical self while still with max pop and speed.
                      there's the rub

the in and out pacquiao is a much better fighter than the one one two pacquiao.

but he's up against smaller guys at 122-130. at WW he was forced to step up with his skills.

it's easy for me to forget just how good he looked when he first hit 147. great speed and power with accurate punches. showed a chin still, too, but at 122-130 he had a rock iron jaw.

Comment

Working...
                      X