Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko...does he deserve to be considered a top 10 all-time heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko...does he deserve to be considered a top 10 all-time heavyweight?

His era may be weak in the eyes of some but so was Joe Louis', Larry Holmes, and Rocky Marciano's era.....dude has beaten all the worthy opponents of his era and has shown the ability to comeback after big losses. I have to say he is on the cusp, there is no one really left for him to fight. He is for sure a hall of famer
    yes
    18.64%
    no
    54.24%
    on the cusp
    11.86%
    no one in this era will help his case
    15.25%

Vitali beat a few of them for him and Vitali had to avenge his losses palming fighters off onto your brother because their style suits him better doesn't make a great.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      Vitali beat a few of them for him and Vitali had to avenge his losses palming fighters off onto your brother because their style suits him better doesn't make a great.
      If we are gonna nitpick Marciano's resume is underwhelming, as is Joe Louis; and Larry Holmes....the only top ten heavyweight greats that have beaten a prime fellow great was Ali, Foreman, and Frazier...they all did it beating each other......Sonny Liston, Lennox Lewis, even Holyfield none of them beat prime great heavyweights....the closest was Holyfield in the Bowe rematch but Bowe never lived up to his talent

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        If we are gonna nitpick Marciano's resume is underwhelming, as is Joe Louis; and Larry Holmes....the only top ten heavyweight greats that have beaten a prime fellow great was Ali, Foreman, and Frazier...they all did it beating each other......Sonny Liston, Lennox Lewis, even Holyfield none of them beat prime great heavyweights....the closest was Holyfield in the Bowe rematch but Bowe never lived up to his talent
        Wlad has beat nobody worth a damn his best win is a CW that he was so afraid of that he threw nothing but the jab and grabbed when he got close.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Wlad has beat nobody worth a damn his best win is a CW that he was so afraid of that he threw nothing but the jab and grabbed when he got close.
          Marciano's best win is over a washed up Joe Louis....go figure anybodys resume can be picked to pieces....Klitschko has beaten more top ten heavyweights of his time than everyone besides Louis or maybe Ali

Comment

no, maybe 15

Comment

I have no idea. I'm no boxing historian. I know he's the greatest heavyweight of this era though.

Comment

When he's through a surefire top 10 & closer to 5.. Wlad is like Kobe.. still has 3 or 4 good years left. If he were to retire today.. his body of work is right on the cusp of #10

As for Vitali... if he retired today.... everyone knows what i think.... as far as what boxing historians would think perhaps top 10.. certainly top 15..... Head to head.. #1... Heavyweight records #1... heavyweight numbers #1 As far as i'm concerned you can't have the best numbers ever & NOT be included in the TOP 10 heavies ever. Wlad has more quantity.... Vitali has more quality & less weaknesses & deficiencies.

Comment

Hell yea!! No doubt about it!!

Comment

Wlad's been KOd 3 times, AND his resume is piss poor.

Show me another top 10er who has been KOD 3 fckin times and has a resume as bland as Wladimirs?

Comment

Working...
                    X