No announcement yet.

Boehner says facts show Obama a Christian, citizen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boehner says facts show Obama a Christian, citizen

WASHINGTON – House Speaker John Boehner says Americans have a right to think what they want to think, even when they're wrong about President Barack Obama's citizenship and his religion.

Some people believe that Obama, a native of Hawaii, was actually born outside the U.S. or in some other way is not a natural-born citizen eligible to be president. There is also a persistent belief among some that Obama, a Christian, is actually a Muslim.

When the host of NBC's "Meet the Press" asked Boehner whether he, as speaker of the House, had a responsibility to "stand up to that kind of ignorance," Boehner told David Gregory: "It's not my job to tell the American people what to think. Our job in Washington is to listen to the American people."

Boehner continued: "Having said that, the state of Hawaii has said that he was born there. That's good enough for me. The president says he's a Christian. I accept him at his word." He later called those "the facts" of Obama's background.

Gregory asked, "But that kind of ignorance, about whether he's a Muslim, doesn't concern you?"

"The American people have the right to think what they want to think," Boehner replied. "I can't — it's not my job to tell them."

Boehner denied that he is willing to let those misperceptions remain because they weaken and delegitimize Obama.

Funny how the conspiracy theorist here let this one go to the second page and didn't respond.

It's embarrassing how many people still believe this crap...

Comment

Funny how the Governor of Hawaii was gonna blow the lid off these charges by producing Obama's birth certificate but then couldn't find it and ended being embarrassed.

You don't really hear much from good ole' Abercrombie these days since he self owned.

Obama's an impostor, a usurper and a faker.

Comment

And there is one on cue............

He did show a birth certificate and the "birthers" called it a fake.

People can't renew their license without showing a birth certificate but some how Obama has managed to become president of the U.S without having to show one.............hahahahahah

/Thread

Comment

He showed a certificate of live birth which isn't a birth certificate.

Which is why Abercrombie vowed to put the rumors to rest by producing the actual birth certificate which he ended up figuring out much to his public humiliation didn't exist.

Boners "facts" consist of taking Obama at his word.

Taking one of the biggest liars of our time and space at his word.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=456655

nuff said

Comment

Working...
            X