Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julio Cesar Chavez Sr: Canelo Will Wait Until Golovkin Gets Old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The legend has spoken. Canelo is making mexican fighters look bad. He better fight GGG in his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Lineal titles are bs in this era where money is far & away the most motivating factor for most fights to happen or not happen.

That said isn't a lineal title stripped if a guy leaves the division? I thought there was something like that as a rule that could put in a new lineal champion & basically strip the ****ty lineal champion.
      Here in lies the problem with GBP as owners of the ring magazine. They understand Canelo's intention to eventually move up to MW and/or 155 lbs. Canelo is champ until he vacates or is beaten above 154 lbs.

Here's a question, If GGG gets all the belts wouldn't he be the undisputed champion. Maybe this should be his approach, history books will see a * next to the undisputed that will read, Lineal Champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez refused to face GGG who became undisputed. Undisputed is the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
        Here in lies the problem with GBP as owners of the ring magazine. They understand Canelo's intention to eventually move up to MW and/or 155 lbs. Canelo is champ until he vacates or is beaten above 154 lbs.
        Isn't the Ring title & the lineal title two different things? In particular now that Ring has switched up their title rules to make it easier to attain + something that can be lost easier as well. To me they are different even before the change although I'm sure many use it as the go to lineal title & lineal title "rankings" so to speak.

Comment

Working...
        X