Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner is Ready: Ricky Burns Will Get Burned!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
    If Broner stepped up to Khan, he would get KTFO. Khan would easily tag that child.
    Gavin has some serious speed and I wouldn't mind seeing a Rees/Gamboa showdown b/c both men would hit the canvas in an entertaining fight.

I hear people say he looks like a middleweight but he's only 5-7. He's pretty lean and not heavily muscled like a Tim Bradley and Broner doesn't seem to be killing himself making weight. His best weight maybe 140 but they shouldnt rush to move him up to welterweight because its fun watching him dominate.

At 5'10 Oscar had his way with lightweights and nobody complained a bit, it's what every promoter would do if given the option. I think Golden Boy brought in Lamont Peterson specifically for Broner since he still owns the IBF belt.

Comment

Burns has a very difficult fight with Vaquez which odds are he can lose that fight. The Broner team should be lining up plan B unless it includes the winner of that fight who ever it is.

My money is on they took the Rees fight for UK exposure so they can really bank on a Burns fight over there

Comment

Broner stop wasting time, Burns is not in your league. Go up to 140 lbs and fight Khan, at least he has a shot of winning. Broner I will not watch you fight Burns

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I think Broner will fight Peterson, if he moves up.
          I think so too...the worst thing that could happen for the kid is if burns priced himself out and became a dominant force after broner moves up because he gets a lot of hate even though he has been chasing burns for these past few years

I also think burns will give broner a real fight

if he moves up I think gbp will feed peterson to broner...peterson is already their lowest paid world champion and has criticized gbp even after signing with them...I'm sure that doesn't sit well with gomez and schaefer

Comment

Originally posted by wja1966 View Post
            Before the Rees fight Id have said Burns will win but now Broner has to be a big favourite.
            The crowd of under 5000 was pathetic if that was the uk there would have been minimum 15000 and I thought Adrian Broner was a massive draw????
            He drew close to 5,000 against Gavin f**king Rees.....in February in Jersey. That's not that bad. Floyd wasn't a big draw early on either, even against guys like Corrales, Castillo, Genaro, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
              I think so too...the worst thing that could happen for the kid is if burns priced himself out and became a dominant force after broner moves up because he gets a lot of hate even though he has been chasing burns for these past few years

if he moves up I think gbp will feed peterson to broner...peterson is already their lowest paid world champion and has criticized gbp even after signing with them...I'm sure that doesn't sit well with gomez and schaefer

Peterson wouldn't be a bad fight, a good one I think, if Lamont beats Holt in his comeback. Peterson did beat Khan, and had a close figh tyou could argue he won against Ortiz too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Broner-Peterson once Broner gets to 140, given Peterson keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post

Didn't Peterson just sign up with GBP a month ago and he's talking crap? What's Peterson been saying about GBP?

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                  Didn't Peterson just sign up with GBP a month ago and he's talking crap? What's Peterson been saying about GBP?
                  yeah it surprised me as well bro

he said this in an interview with the washington post, just a couple of days ago:

“Sometimes, you look at it, and you got to make a deal with the devil,” Peterson said. “As long as your heart’s in the right place, and you know what you want to do, you do business. . . . To be honest, I still feel a certain way about Golden Boy. But that’s just the way it is. It’s just business.”
                  link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...b_story_4.html

Comment

what if miguel vazquez wins?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Peterson wouldn't be a bad fight, a good one I think, if Lamont beats Holt in his comeback. Peterson did beat Khan, and had a close figh tyou could argue he won against Ortiz too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Broner-Peterson once Broner gets to 140, given Peterson keeps winning.
                      I don't think u could argue he won the ortiz fight at all...he came on strong in the second half of their fight but was knocked down 3 times I believe...it's typical ortiz...he even let campbell off the hook

I think peterson is severely overrated...the guys who brought the spotlight to him are nothing more than former champs who have lost 2 of their last 3 fights

broner would pick him apart if it happened

Comment

Working...
                      X