No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Pianeta Early Fight Results From Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
    You should check the rules. It's perfectly legal to extend you arm and measure your opponent as long you keep your fist closed.

It's only illegal if you open your hand and use the palm of the glove because it allows you to maneuver or hold your opponent in place.

Floyd Mayweather loves to use this tactic as well and it's not any more illegal when he does it.

Just watch tonight's fight, especially against the southpaw you will see Floyd using his extended left to hold off his opponent and measure his right hand constantly.
    I just watched the second Thompson fight and there really is little comparison with what Wlad was doing to the Italian. I will also admit that I thought it was illegal to measure your opponent with you fist actually in his face as Wlad was doing. So, I did as you suggested and I read the rules, and I cannot find anything that clearly states if it is illegal or not. I may not have dug deep enough and out of curiosity I will look into it further. With that said. I am also of the opinion that it just didn't look good and Wlad was hitting him with ease with the jab. So why didn't he just hammer him with the jab? I also want to make it clear that I am a Wlad fan. As far as Floyd is concerned I wouldn't pay 10 cents to watch him fight so I will have to wait until its on cable.
    Last edited by Ravens Fan; 05-05-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

The heavyweight scene is dead... Lets hope just maybe they can put Haye/Klitschko/Wilder/Fury together soon because I wouldn't tune in to anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBoomBuckner View Post
        The heavyweight scene is dead... Lets hope just maybe they can put Haye/Klitschko/Wilder/Fury together soon because I wouldn't tune in to anything else.
        Fockwit land. £24million long awaited super fight on the horizion = heavyweight scene is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
          Fockwit land. £24million long awaited super fight on the horizion = heavyweight scene is dead.
          Haha super fight... That's cute.

Comment

Working...
          X