No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy VP: No Favoritism in Canleo-Lara Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    So Canelo coming off his first career defeat should have been thrown in with Lara in his first fight back? And then we he lost everyone would have been screaming about how incompetent Golden Boy's matchmakers were to do that. Angulo was a confidence builder and now Lara gets his test.
    Lara will take care of business. And BTW, Is this your first post that isn't an article. This post makes it sound like you are building up the fight. Good Job.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyvceo View Post
      Yes you can if you see the facts...he's fought better opposition in half the fights he wasnt promoted or handed belts fighting has beens bums and smaller fighters...if canelo wouldn't have said let's do it it wouldn't have happen....who has canelo beat ...i think Lara will win unless its a decision .....but GB And Delahoya are very bias ...i give home credit he looks out for his own (Mexicans) but there are great boxers that are not mexican make them feel welcome dummy this is a business
      Eric Gomez responds that they only gave Lara the hard fights as that was what Lara was chasing. They held their end of the bargain, putting him up there with top contenders to get in position with the divisions best.

That is exactly what has happened, he is now facing Canelo.

It's not a question of who Canelo has faced or beaten but who pulls in the dollars and that is something Lara does not even come close to.

Comment

Why is this guy shocked ? It was canelo "demanding Lara " as Gbp put it at the time , so they gave in to what canelo wanted more than anything.

Comment

Complete n Utter bullshiet...

Comment

Sounds like Lara is jealous of canelo and his career,star power,ppv numbers.me me me .who is he Ritchie valen's brother .i guess when you win your big fights and you get no attention must mean your a boring fkn fighter .you got what you wanted ,now lets see what you do with it.
            Last edited by Realboxingfan1; 06-24-2014, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
              They helped him more that Al haymond has. They got him a vacant title shot vs vanes in a pursed bid, wtf more could you ask for? He just failed to impress numerous times. This guy is in love with canelo for real.
              Pacfraud number lol for fighting fighters after Floyd total 11 fights with same 3 fighters Marquez (who Ko and beat him 3rd fight) morales who he is 2-1 with and 1-1 with Bradley ....and has not fought better fighters than Floyd first 30 fights Asian plumbers check it for yourself and Ko 2 times in career ...p4p list is a fantasy....as far as canelo i like him but lets be real Lara has had tu fight tougher fighters in half the fights Lara is totally right ....fight Lopez who maidana destroyed quicker us a sham....i wish PAC woukd fight real fighters like canelo and maidana be cuz rios and midget pillow punching Bradley wont sell

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                Lara and his team are just putting the pressure on to ensure they don't get stiffed on the cards, which really I have no problem with.

There is another scenario though - Lara is a Haymon fighter. Al Haymon fighters don't often get robbed on the cards. Canelo is also Oscar's first and last cash cow - and a Lara win destabilises Oscar/GBP, and their alliance with Top Rank.
                They do against the ginger. See the Trout and Mayweather fights.

Comment

Lara complains too damn much. First it was that he wasn't getting Canelo, now that he gets him he is still complaining. Dude STFU! Canelo is the A side, he has brought in more money than Lara has at this point and he's under 25 years old. Get over it. There will always be an A side and a B side. If anything he should be glad that he has faced tougher matches because that will make him even more prepared when he faces Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                  X