No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Pianeta Early Fight Results From Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Pianeta Early Fight Results From Germany

SAP Arena, Mannheim, Germany - Christina Hammer (14-0, 7KOs) won a ten round unanimous decision over Zita Zatyko (15-1-1) for the vacant WBO super middleweight female title. The scores were 100-89, 99-90 and 99-90.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is it true that Wladimir gets paid by the round? If that's true, whats the incentive for going for a KO when you could double, triple, quadruple, or even x12 your paycheck?

Pianeta had heart, but it was better the ref waved it off and saved Pianeta from damage.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      Is it true that Wladimir gets paid by the round? If that's true, whats the incentive for going for a KO when you could double, triple, quadruple, or even x12 your paycheck?

Pianeta had heart, but it was better the ref waved it off and saved Pianeta from damage.
      maybe the KO is a big bonus! :ANYWORD:

Comment

No surprises with the fight but I have to admit that I like Jameel as an announcer and I even agree with him on Wlad's jab. However, I don't understand why Wlad was dong that with his left? He has such a great jab and for awhile he was doing nothing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          No surprises with the fight but I have to admit that I like Jameel as an announcer and I even agree with him on Wlad's jab. However, I don't understand why Wlad was dong that with his left? He has such a great jab and for awhile he was doing nothing with it.

Wlad didn't throw the jab as often as usual simply because Pianeta is left handed and it's tougher to land than it is against a conventional fighter. The right hand also becomes much more effective.

Wlad used the same tactic against Tony Thompson, constantly measuring for right hand but rarely committing full power or entire rounds to using the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

i got a laugh out of haye saying that...i know he does ...i fought him....that was an awesome fight!

Comment

Great win for Wladimir!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                Wlad didn't throw the jab as often as usual simply because Pianeta is left handed and it's tougher to land than it is against a conventional fighter. The right hand also becomes much more effective.

Wlad used the same tactic against Tony Thompson, constantly measuring for right hand but rarely committing full power or entire rounds to using the jab.
                I was referring to the fact that it was in fact an illegal tactic. Wlad was also hitting him when he threw the jab anyways so why bother with such a pronounced illegal tactic? I also don't remember Wlad doing it so deliberate in any other fight to include the Thompson fight. But, maybe I just wasn't paying attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                  I was referring to the fact that it was in fact an illegal tactic. Wlad was also hitting him when he threw the jab anyways so why bother with such a pronounced illegal tactic? I also don't remember Wlad doing it so deliberate in any other fight to include the Thompson fight. But, maybe I just wasn't paying attention to it.

You should check the rules. It's perfectly legal to extend you arm and measure your opponent as long you keep your fist closed.

It's only illegal if you open your hand and use the palm of the glove because it allows you to maneuver or hold your opponent in place.

Floyd Mayweather loves to use this tactic as well and it's not any more illegal when he does it.

Just watch tonight's fight, especially against the southpaw you will see Floyd using his extended left to hold off his opponent and measure his right hand constantly.

Comment

Easy win as expected for Wladimir.

Comment

Working...
                    X