Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe or Vitali Klitschko. Who ranks higher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddick Bowe or Vitali Klitschko. Who ranks higher?

Vitali 45-2 41KOs

Riddick Bowe 43-1 33 KOs

Big heavyweights, thin resumes, hardly any losses. Who ranks higher all time?
    Vitali Klitschko
    45.31%
    Riddick Bowe
    54.69%

Theres nothing to really rank Bowe on.Vitali has fought top contenders,bowe has not besides Holyfield and Larry Donald.You also cant rank a guy who held the belt much shorter over a dominating era champion.

Comment

Bowe obviously has the better wins, but h2h vitali takes his soul...

It's like Golata without the low blows

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Theres nothing to really rank Bowe on.Vitali has fought top contenders,bowe has not besides Holyfield and Larry Donald.You also cant rank a guy who held the belt much shorter over a dominating era champion.
        Name one win vitali has, that even comes remotely close to being the first guy to beat holyfield..

And vitali was never "THE champ"

He had a shot at "THE champ" and got his face carved up..

Bowe best highlight is a win, vitali's best moment is getting stopped by old lennox
        MikeyMike100 MikeyMike100 likes this.

Comment

tough one to call. bowe had the better name in holyfield on his resume but vitali had a handful of defenses at an advanced age unlike bowe. I differ on what most think and thats that vitali would have stopped bowe had they met prime for prime. bowe was more skilled but his defense was leaky and his laziness would become evident as vitali would have worn him down in the end. holyfield just didnt have enough size to do it the first time. if bowe wasnt so lazy he could have gone down with the all time greats but he squandered his talent. vitali was always in shape and he would have outlasted bowe but resume wise its close

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Name one win vitali has, that even comes remotely close to being the first guy to beat holyfield..

And vitali was never "THE champ"

He had a shot at "THE champ" and got his face carved up..

Bowe best highlight is a win, vitali's best moment is getting stopped by old lennox
            Bowe did not fight top ranked guys unless you consider Tubbs in the 90's a good win? Vitali beat prime opponents who were RANKED.Trying to tell me Bowes resume is better is as foolish as it gets.Vitali was never the champ huh? Is Golota better than Lewis or did I miss something

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Bowe obviously has the better wins, but h2h vitali takes his soul...

It's like Golata without the low blows
              pretty much the way I see it. resume wise bowe may have it but head to head vitali was wayy too much for him physically as bowe had little defense and relied on his size to thwart opponents. vitali would have been a golota but mentally tougher and would have kept his cool in a tough fight. if bowe was more disciplined it may have been a different story as he was extremely talented but vitali would have been too strong for him as it was

Comment

Bowe did not fight top ranked guys unless you consider Tubbs in the 90's a good win? Vitali beat prime opponents who were RANKED.Trying to tell me Bowes resume is better is as foolish as it gets.Vitali was never the champ huh? Is Golota better than Lewis or did I miss something
                bowe fought some good opponents but the knock on him is that rock newman steered him clear of the biggest punchers in the division such as lewis,,,morrison,,,ruddock...bruno etc. holyfield is really the only descent puncher he beat but he was very outsized and golota showed a fellow big man could beat him despite the fact bowe was on the downside at that time. I feel strongly that either klit would have knocked bowe out. he was very talented but too lazy to beat guys his size with power and skill

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                  bowe fought some good opponents but the knock on him is that rock newman steered him clear of the biggest punchers in the division such as lewis,,,morrison,,,ruddock...bruno etc. holyfield is really the only descent puncher he beat but he was very outsized and golota showed a fellow big man could beat him despite the fact bowe was on the downside at that time. I feel strongly that either klit would have knocked bowe out. he was very talented but too lazy to beat guys his size with power and skill
                  Yes but that is not the debate of why Bowe didnt fight certain guys. Go thru the resumes and Vitali clearly ranks higher .

Comment

Yes but that is not the debate of why Bowe didnt fight certain guys. Go thru the resumes and Vitali clearly ranks higher .
                    Iagree that he does but I can see where many would think othwise as bowe had holyfield on his slate. I think people underrate what vitali did at an advanced age tho with several defenses. bowe was pretty much a one hit wonder with very good skills

Comment

Working...
                    X