Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory on Mayweathers delay and why he will not fight in September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever the reason is, it's some shiesty Mayweather Al Haymon nonsense, further hurting the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      Whatever the reason is, it's some shiesty Mayweather Al Haymon nonsense, further hurting the sport.
      How exactly? By negotiating the possibility of staying in the sport for a few more fights?

Typical hater response. TBE has headlined the two biggest boxing events of all time and is the spearhead in keeping this sport relevant today.

GTFO my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        I believe the contract negotiations for an extension are real,
        I also think for that the reason he will not fight in September. If Floyd is to sign a 3 fight extension he will want some time off.

He has been highly active (two fights a year) since signing that deal that he may need to take a break and fight next year.

I think he will give Pacquiao a rematch next Cinco de Mayo,
        Pacquiao will be fit and their will no excuses.

Berto is being used as a smoke screen, combine that with Floyd posting pics of him training on social media (clearly old photos) and you'll soon realise he has no intention of fighting in September and is using Berto as bait for a new deal.

I'm probably wrong but just wanted to throw this out there.

Thoughts?
        well alrighty

Comment

Floyd is destroying the sport

I really hope he retires after September 12th

can't stand his boring style.

Comment

I believe the contract negotiations for an extension are real,
            I also think for that the reason he will not fight in September. If Floyd is to sign a 3 fight extension he will want some time off.

He has been highly active (two fights a year) since signing that deal that he may need to take a break and fight next year.

I think he will give Pacquiao a rematch next Cinco de Mayo,
            Pacquiao will be fit and their will no excuses.

Berto is being used as a smoke screen, combine that with Floyd posting pics of him training on social media (clearly old photos) and you'll soon realise he has no intention of fighting in September and is using Berto as bait for a new deal.

I'm probably wrong but just wanted to throw this out there.

Thoughts?
            I highly doubt Mayweather is looking to have time out and then come back, he's not what he used to be as it is and he knows that, he knows he's getting on a bit now and is looking forward to his retirement, Mayweathers skill set is incredible but at his age every year can make a huge difference on your ability, he knows this and I honestly think he will announce his retirement next year (I think he will try and go to #50).

Let's not forget that there isn't really a fight out there at WW right now that will enhance his legacy, he's ready proven that he's the best of his generation and there's no win that could solidify him further (unless he fought and beat GGG, but that's asking too much).

Comment

lol @ highly active

Comment

How exactly? By negotiating the possibility of staying in the sport for a few more fights?

Typical hater response. TBE has headlined the two biggest boxing events of all time and is the spearhead in keeping this sport relevant today.

GTFO my thread.
                Lmao at you calling him TBE.

Floyd makes a mockery of this sport with everything he does and says, he isn't keeping **** relevant.

When he retires this sport can finally move forward.

Comment

Working...
                X