Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Happy Screw Year: Usmanee Gets Jobbed in Miami

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was happy to see boxing come back to Miami. I just hope the city isnt going to have a reputation of robberies and circus acts like Texas.

Comment

Complaining to a commission? How about emailing ESPN and respectfully requesting they stop doing business with Leon Margules and Warriors boxing. These promoters have the refs,judges and commission bought and paid for. The sport is run by lawyers, the worst of the worst, the dregs of humanity. Until the hbo,showtimes,espns and nbcs of the world stand up for the sport it's not going to stop. Now I'm not sold on Teddys training, but his commentating is excellent, the man has devoted his life to the love of boxing, he wears his heart on his sleeve, he has the best interests of the boxer and boxing in mind. Thank you Mr. Atlas for standing up for boxing fans, I hope you see the day the sport gets cleaned up.

Comment

I'm usually the first one to complain about a robbery, but the fight I saw last night I actually scored it 114-113 for Rances (scored the last round 10-8 for Usmanee). I thought that Rances showed more aggression and his punches seemed to have more of an effect than Usmanee's at times. It seemed like Usmanee didn't have much power but he showed a lot of heart. It was definitely a close fight, but not the super-robbery like lots of the other fights from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by dblaze9 View Post
          I'm usually the first one to complain about a robbery, but the fight I saw last night I actually scored it 114-113 for Rances (scored the last round 10-8 for Usmanee). I thought that Rances showed more aggression and his punches seemed to have more of an effect than Usmanee's at times. It seemed like Usmanee didn't have much power but he showed a lot of heart. It was definitely a close fight, but not the super-robbery like lots of the other fights from last year.
          It wasn't as bad a Campillo Cloud or Abril Rios, but it was a robbery none the less. Usmanee won at least 7 or 8 rounds.

Comment

While I agree with the 10-8, 12th. It was an easy fight to score. 117-110 Usmanee. My third time watching I could maybe give Barthelmy the third on momentum,maybe,but what the heck,indulge me, what other rounds? And why? Throwing wide punches that missed by two feet, getting countered beautifully to the body? Abandoning the jab? Being from Florida? What?

Comment

The judges as well as the red should be suspended.

Comment

I been in there and nobody was complaining about robbery..I had it 116-112 for rances..most of ushanee punches go to rances gloves..when I rewatched In tv I scored closer 115-113 but I have to put the tv on mute cuz teddy atlas was watching a whole different match..every punch that ushanee throw to the air teddy believe that landed..anyways...good fight but no one of them gonna get anywere as sun as they step up in competition they gonna get KOed..
                Last edited by Angry Cuban; 01-05-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Can't believe some folks have Barth the winner despite the disappearance of his jab during the middle of his fight, eating uppercuts, and looking like he was on his way out in the 12th. Usmanee CLEARLY won this match.

Comment

The Racket Squad: As Bad As It Gets

Truth and fiction often collide.
                    But not last night.

Rances was a mess in there last night.
                    He complicated his act by not defining his purpose.
                    He displayed 5 different attempts at style and failed at four of them.

Sure.
                    Opinions are like brains.
                    Every human has one but not all function correctly.
                    The judges in Miami must have eaten Cuban prior to the bout because the eager Afghan presented himself as the more willing, devoted and aggressive prizefighter.
                    If you can score it closer than 116-112, especially with an unquestionable10/8 final stanza, I'd like to see your drivers license.
                    I had it 9 rounds to three after three viewings.

With the Cunningham debacle of two weeks back on NBC in conjunction with last nights dismal score card dirge, Big Time Boxing blasts off from launchpad2013 with a horrid, tormenting thud.
                    You put your life on the line so some clown who never laced 'em up can take away the 0 that you bled for?
                    Please.

Some robberies require severe prosecution and this 'sport' has no police force whatsoever.

Comment

you were loaded last night, tell us the truth...

Comment

Working...
                      X