Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan, First Fight At 147 Against?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's simple. Since Khan is the WBA superchamp he should face Seshenko, the 147 WBA title holder.

Comment

First fight at 147 will be Kell Brook. I am sure of it.

Richard Shizer even mentioned him when asked about it after the Judah win.

Comment

April 2012: Senchenko (WBA title)
        July 2012: Berto/Zaveck winner (to unify IBF and WBA titles)

December 2012: Mayweather Jr

Hopefully Pac-Mayweather happens next summer. I expect Mayweather to win. Mayweather should unify the WBC and WBO titles.

So in December I hope to see Khan-Mayweather for the WBA-Super, IBF, WBC, WBO and Ring Magazine titles. Winner becomes undisputed champion.

Mayweather is obviously the favourite but we've yet to see Khan at 147, I think Khan will be a beast at Welterweight.

Comment

mosley, berto

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Before facing Mayweather, I say put Amir in there with Berto or Mike Jones at 147. Depending on how well he does I wouldn't mind seeing Cotto coming down to 147 to face him.

Then maybe he can fight Mayweather. Depending on if Mayweather beats Ortiz (I'm sure he will), I don't think Khan should automatically get a shot a Mayweather.

He should work is way up and beat a few prospects at 147 before facing Mayweather.
            Kell Brook, that should be the fight he has at 147lbs

Comment

Kell Brook or the WBA champion.

Comment

Andre Berto hasn't earned a payday with Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
                  First fight at 147 will be Kell Brook. I am sure of it.

Richard Shizer even mentioned him when asked about it after the Judah win.
                  Brook seems to be the guy they are lining up (but i think he will need to win a belt at 147 first) but Khan is on record in saying he doesnt want to work with the Hearns again after the McCloskey fight (Matchroom sports, Brook's new promoter) so Im not sure how it will work

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
                    I doubt that his first fight at 147 will be against an A+ type fighter. Im not surprise if its Shane Mosley.

Maybe someone like Devon or the Berto/Zaveck winner.

And yeah a fight with Kell Brook I think is inevitable as it will be for the British fans..
                    Zaveck is not all that so he should get blown out by Berto.Berto would kill Khan if they fought,Berto is not gonna go back to brawling and just being a head hunter cause of his lost to Ortiz.Berto realizes he made a mistake and will go back to being a good boxer which is what he was earlier in his career.Berto later in his career started to think he could just knock everybody out which is why he became overconfident and abandoned his skills .

Comment

It's a no brainer, it will be Khan-Brook debut fight @ 147 in UK. Brook is a young hungry undefeated fighter and it would sell in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X