No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Forman and Martirosyan vs Greene just passed.. No one brings up OST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
    so only cotto can get stronger and have better stamina cause he doesnt have to cut weight anymore??

But with Pac.. Its cause of PEDS???
    I was giving possible explanations as to why Cotto's footwork and jab looked better and that perhaps he had better stamina and work rate because he didn't have to lose so much weight.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
      I was giving possible explanations as to why Cotto's footwork and jab looked better and that perhaps he had better stamina and work rate because he didn't have to lose so much weight.

fair enough...

and I was just bringing up when a Pac fan brings up.. the same explanations as you why pac has gotten a little stronger...

some people wont accept it and just say its cause of PEDS and A-side meth..

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
        Even though... thats not the points.. some people said he did look quicker. .and he did look stronger..

Yet none of them who want to clean up the sports so bad.. has said anything about wanting OST in these fights..
        Who cares if some people said anything.

He looked like Cotto would look at 154lbs, not too mention he was fighting a guy with 8 KOs.

Bad example.

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
          yea.. And i may even be a "Cotto Stan" but i'll give it to you straight...

In no way did Cotto look quicker at all.. more balanced i agree with and he finally stayed behind that jab and went to the body.. but as far as quicker thats bull****...
          I agree with you man. The TS is reaching.

Comment

He also wasn't fighting someone who was putting any kind of pressure on him to tire him out.

Cotto has always had a very well timed jab.

Comment

Cotto me to didn't look extra fast or sharp, but to me his confidence level looked to be a lot higher and he was shooting the jab a lot more consistently which gave him opportunities to set up his other punches. His footwork though did heavily improve from his last 3 fights where he seemed a lot more stationary.

Cotto's next fight is really going to test how good Steward's guidance is helping Cotto at this point of his career, and I believe Cotto still has enough to hang with the big dogs. Lack of confidence in the ring can kill you, but it looks as if Cotto's got that back.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                Man, many people are overrating how Miguel looked last Saturday.
                100% agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was still getting marked up by a man on one leg who wasn't even allowed to stop fighting even if he wanted to, the fight was a disgrace and Cotto looked like he has made no improvement on defense whatsoever. This was a Top Rank "Event" so of course there was no OST they wouldn't even allow Foremans corner to throw in the towel after his knee was clearly ****ed up. The highlights are funny as well from HBO as well...

Comment

Its not important thats why TS.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
                    100% agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was still getting marked up by a man on one leg who wasn't even allowed to stop fighting even if he wanted to, the fight was a disgrace and Cotto looked like he has made no improvement on defense whatsoever. This was a Top Rank "Event" so of course there was no OST they wouldn't even allow Foremans corner to throw in the towel after his knee was clearly ****ed up. The highlights are funny as well from HBO as well...

He was getting marked up, but it wasn't like he was beaten down. Some guys mark up easily, some don't. Cotto take few punches against Foreman but got marked, Andrade took over 300 from Kessler and had virtually no marks.

Plus, IIRC those markings came before Foreman's leg went.

Comment

He was getting marked up, but it wasn't like he was beaten down. Some guys mark up easily, some don't. Cotto take few punches against Foreman but got marked, Andrade took over 300 from Kessler and had virtually no marks.

Plus, IIRC those markings came before Foreman's leg went.
                      You don'tfind any irony in the fact that a man on one leg with 8 ko's wouldn't quit in a fight he was losing, while Cotto quits in fights he's winning? Imagine if the ref hadn't let Cotto quit vs Margarito? Foreman didn't want to himself but his cornber tried to throw the towel and jumped in the ring to stop the fight and were not allowed, that isn't Cotto's fault but he showed no improvement on defense and was getting smacked up by a non puncher on one leg and based off this performance we are supposed to believe he can fight any legitimate fights at 154? this performance doesn't even help him at 147 the punchers there may still tee offon him he showed no improvement on D at all, Cotto's glancing shots early made him stumble but the knee already had a brace on it before the fall, this fight did not show that Cotto is back and can handle pressure and has improved on defense, yes he won clearly but the fight was a disgrace being that Foreman was hurt and the ref insisted the fight go until Cotto scored a KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X