Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez is DYING to fight the HUGE Chavez but is too small to fight Bute or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    The difference between Martinez and Ward on fight night would be MUCH CLOSER than the difference between Pac/Floyd and Sergio. . .

The "natural size" difference between Floyd/Pac is a lot greater than between Sergio and Ward.

If Pac and Floyd cut weight like Sergio did, they'd be fighting at 140, maybe even 135 for Pac.
    What? Hell no. I won't argue about Manny Pacquiao because even Martinez said that he thinks that the weight difference is too much, but as I've said before, Martinez wants to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr, who by the way is bigger than Pacquiao.

Martinez vs Floyd at 154 is great for both fighters, since none of them are going to be out of their weight classes. Floyd has been fighting above 146 since 2005 and now is going to fight again above 150 against Cotto. Martinez is a small MW, the guy weighted 157 for his last fight against Macklin, and rehydrated to 166 on fight night.

Floyd at 154 would rehydrate to 158-159, while Martinez would rehydrate to around 162-163. That's a maximum 5 pound difference.

Ward at 168 rehydrates to 180+, while I don't even see Martinez weighting more than 173-174. Hell I don't see how Martinez can make 168 without being fat and out of shape. Maybe Martinez can make 164 but he needs at last 7-8 months to do some training with nutritionists and doctors like Marquez did for his last fight against Pacquiao. And still he would rehydrate to 173-174 and would be outweighted for more than 5 pounds by Ward.

Comment

Chavez Jr. can make 160 and adds water weight on fight night. Bute and Ward come in at 168 and then add water weight. That's something like 8 pounds of muscle between these fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        So calling out Manny and Floyd to fight above their natural weight (yes, they've gone up to 150-154 because they are REAL pound for pound champions who will fight WELL above their natural weights), but refusing to fight above his natural weight isn't hypocritical?

Will he go down to 147 to fight Manny or Floyd? NO! He wants to meet them at a 150 pound catchweight. . . So he should be willing to meet ward at a 164 pound catchweight. . .
        Sergio's already fighting above his natural weight. Hes a 154lber fighting at 160.

He already moved up because no one would fight him at 154. Now hes basically being punished for showing balls and moving up because people are demanding he move up another 8lbs.

The thing is Manny has fought at 150 and said he'd fight anyone up to 150. Why not Sergio? Floyd is about to have his second fight at 154, why not Sergio?

Sergio is not asking them to do things they've never done before.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
          Chavez Jr. can make 160 and adds water weight on fight night. Bute and Ward come in at 168 and then add water weight. That's something like 8 pounds of muscle between these fighters.
          How much muscle is it between Martinez & Pac & Mayweather?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Sergio's already fighting above his natural weight. Hes a 154lber fighting at 160.

He already moved up because no one would fight him at 154. Now hes basically being punished for showing balls and moving up because people are demanding he move up another 8lbs.

The thing is Manny has fought at 150 and said he'd fight anyone up to 150. Why not Sergio? Floyd is about to have his second fight at 154, why not Sergio?

Sergio is not asking them to do things they've never done before.
            Pac has moved up and fought in 8 weight divisions. Mayweather 5. Sergio 3.

People are asking Martinez to do things that Mayweather & Pacquiao have done before.

Comment

If he's not getting the big fights at 154 and can't fight Julio, than just clean out 160.

Fight Lee, Quillin, Geale, Pirog, Golovkin. I'd like to see him fighting Bute or Ward at a CW of 164/165, Ward said he'd be more then willing to fight him at a CW.

Comment

People are just hating. They don't like Martinez because he threatens Pac and Mayweather. Simple as that. It's clear as day.

They would rather see him take an unnecessary fight at 168 then a super fight at 154 against Pac or May at his natural weight simply because they are threatened. It's pathetic really.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                  People are just hating. They don't like Martinez because he threatens Pac and Mayweather. Simple as that. It's clear as day.

They would rather see him take an unnecessary fight at 168 then a super fight at 154 against Pac or May at his natural weight simply because they are threatened. It's pathetic really.
                  Martinez is pathetic for calling out Mayweather & Pac. Who has he beat to deserve a fight? This guy has no fans and he won't even fight any guys in the division just north of him. He hasn't even beat the best MW

He is calling out Chavez but not Bute or Ward? I wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                    Pac has moved up and fought in 8 weight divisions. Mayweather 5. Sergio 3.

People are asking Martinez to do things that Mayweather & Pacquiao have done before.
                    How is that even a counter to what I said? Why can't Floyd/Manny fight him at weights where they have fought before?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Sergio wants the big payday. I get that. but he is becoming a real *****. This is like Yuri Foreman being to tall for Manny at 5'11 but Margarito, the same 5'11 wasn't too tall.

Sergio will fight Chavez or Floyd anywhere anytime because they bring him more money. The guys that will give him the best fight, he doesn't want to pay.
                      ^^^^ My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Working...
                      X