No announcement yet.

Boxing? Or MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing? Or MMA?

Which sport do you like more and why? I consider myself a boxing purist, I got into UFC in it's inception when style vs style was very appealing to me, but when Dana and his minions decided to make one grey formula and everyone had to follow it to "be successful" I stopped watching, it didn't help that the few names I liked were retiring. It didn't help either that everyone I knew who watched UFC had something negative to say about boxing, as if they were threatened by it. Kind of like how Manny fans made me end up wanting to see Manny lose, UFC fans make me want to see it fail.

Anyway I consider myself a boxing purist, I have been practicing the sport for almost 9 years, have some amateur bouts under my belt, and am very passionate about the sport.

The sports in a way are apples and oranges, they really can coexist like other sports that aren't the same can, at the same time, where is the fun in not taking sides for a combat sport, especially when many of the fans on both sides like to take shots at the other, are ignorant about the other sport, or, if you are like me, you just like to throw wood into the fire and get those mma fanboys' panties all in a bunch, because, boxing vs mma as a favorite sport aside, the facts are there, boxing is a more popular sport globally, and generates more money. In a way, who cares? Well, some people obviously, do, so it gets to be a part of this debate.

Which sport do you like most and why? And if you really have the balls to take a stand, which is superior?

I've got boxing by early stoppage or a sweep on the scorecards, even if CJ Ross is in the house.
    I am a boxing purist
    51.67%
    I am a MMA fanatic
    1.12%
    I like both but like boxing more
    43.12%
    I like both but like MMA more
    4.09%

The poll is expired.

Boxing is my all time favorite sport,,, but I do like mma,

1 boxing
    2 nfl
    3 nba
    4 UFC
    5 baseball

Comment

I like kickboxing and boxing more, but I'll watch MMA if its a good fight.

Used to be really into MMA but lost interest after PrideFC fell apart (for some reason I hate cages, love rings).

Boxing I've pretty much watched my entire life from early childhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Boxing is my all time favorite sport,,, but I do like mma,

1 boxing
        2 nfl
        3 nba
        4 UFC
        5 baseball
        Pretty much how I have my list ordered.. Just change baseball with tennis

Comment

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
          Pretty much how I have my list ordered.. Just change baseball with tennis
          nice sig.

Comment

Boxing.

I honestly can't name 5 MMA fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Which sport do you like more and why? I consider myself a boxing purist, I got into UFC in it's inception when style vs style was very appealing to me, but when Dana and his minions decided to make one grey formula and everyone had to follow it to "be successful" I stopped watching, it didn't help that the few names I liked were retiring. It didn't help either that everyone I knew who watched UFC had something negative to say about boxing, as if they were threatened by it. Kind of like how Manny fans made me end up wanting to see Manny lose, UFC fans make me want to see it fail.

Anyway I consider myself a boxing purist, I have been practicing the sport for almost 9 years, have some amateur bouts under my belt, and am very passionate about the sport.

The sports in a way are apples and oranges, they really can coexist like other sports that aren't the same can, at the same time, where is the fun in not taking sides for a combat sport, especially when many of the fans on both sides like to take shots at the other, are ignorant about the other sport, or, if you are like me, you just like to throw wood into the fire and get those mma fanboys' panties all in a bunch, because, boxing vs mma as a favorite sport aside, the facts are there, boxing is a more popular sport globally, and generates more money. In a way, who cares? Well, some people obviously, do, so it gets to be a part of this debate.

Which sport do you like most and why? And if you really have the balls to take a stand, which is superior?

I've got boxing by early stoppage or a sweep on the scorecards, even if CJ Ross is in the house.
              1 Boxing
              2 NFL
              3 MLB
              4 College Football
              5 Fishing

The are U F'ing Cheating is just awful, I can't watch it. They have so little talent fighting. Most of those guys would get KTFO'd at my local bar and that is not an exaggeration either.

Comment

Boxing is just about the only sport I watch and follow. I ain't gonna lie though, I do watch MMA....when I'm having a hard time going to sleep.

Comment

Ill watch mma if nothing else is on, which is rarely

my list
                  1 boxing
                  2 futbol/soccer
                  3 baseball
                  4 nfl
                  5 basketball

Comment

Unless you understand wrestling, MMA seems a bit pointless. Muay Thai and boxing are both far superior in terms of striking with the leg or hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X