Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do boxers migrate trainers so often?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do boxers migrate trainers so often?

I've always favored boxing over MMA and have always been a boxing guy first. But one problem I always see in boxing is how often fighters migrate from one trainer to the other. How can they train like that? There's no loyalty, trust, or companionship. How can the trainer effectively train a guy who he can't share some kind of bond with? He's not going to care if you win or lose. He's getting his paycheck either way. I mean, one minute Freddie Roach is helping Oscar. The next minute, he's telling Manny Pacquiao to pounce on his asss.

It's like every time a fighter loses, he just says "screw this guy, I'm out."

In MMA, loyalty is important. Those guys are like families. Win, lose or draw, they don't abandon their guys. To me, that's pretty real. And I just can't hate on that. You will never see Nick Diaz fight Jake Shields. Even if it's for a title. That's some real **** right there.
    Last edited by The_Sandman; 04-11-2012, 07:26 AM.

fuck MMA
    and anyway, fighters have to pay their trainers
    if they don't wanna meet the trainer's price, they gotta go
    when fighters lose, it's easy for them to blame their trainer
    they'll split with them if they think they're not doing their job
    certain trainers have certain training methods for fighters
    when fighters wanna improve a certain skill, they might hire a new coach

Comment

Marketing, pay, new found confidence...

Comment

I feel after delahoya v pacqiao trainers heve been a tad bit overrated in boxing. An example is pacqiao beat oscar from a purely stylistic point of view on no trainer would have changed that. Dont get me wrong a good trainer is vital but it seems every fighter is quick to drop their trainer for one of these celebrity trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
          I've always favored boxing over MMA and have always been a boxing guy first. But one problem I always see in boxing is how often fighters migrate from one trainer to the other. How can they train like that? There's no loyalty, trust, or companionship. How can the trainer effectively train a guy who he can't share some kind of bond with? He's not going to care if you win or lose. He's getting his paycheck either way. I mean, one minute Freddie Roach is helping Oscar. The next minute, he's telling Manny Pacquiao to pounce on his asss.

It's like every time a fighter loses, he just says "screw this guy, I'm out."

In MMA, loyalty is important. Those guys are like families. Win, lose or draw, they don't abandon their guys. To me, that's pretty real. And I just can't hate on that. You will never see Nick Diaz fight Jake Shields. Even if it's for a title. That's some real **** right there.
          let's ask Miguel Cotto

Comment

i wanna see roger train pac and roach train floyd

Comment

Miguel Cotto is a good example: He left Evangelista arguably for the betterment of his career, he wanted to re-locate his training camp to Florida but Evangelista refused. At that level, I dont see a problem re-locating as Juanma should learn. he then went to Stewart who makes sense since Stewart is a good strategist but also offensive minded which Cotto is and now he went w/ his cuban friend. All good reasons to switch around. Had Miguel Cotto had Emmanuel for the first Margarito and Pac fight, who knows what could have happened. This fight against Floyd is a test for Pedro Diaz.

Comment

Working...
              X