Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do the klits make contracts where you have to fight the other if 1 loses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
    but how do you sign a contract to fight 1 person and they include a totally differant person whos holding a totally differant sanctioning bodies title???
    Well if you wanna challenge either one for their title I guess its a requirement.
    I guess you just have to deal with it.

I think if you beat one of them your chances of beating the other isn't so bad. Imo

Comment

this is unheard of..please post another example of this in boxing history..just 1

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        Has this ever been done in the history of the sport??i heard of a rematch clause but how do you obligate them to fight a totally differant person???and i like the klits but thats unheard of..............
        they are very vengeful guys I guess

Comment

As far as Im aware, if you're not the mandatory, the champion's promoter has options on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            As far as Im aware, if you're not the mandatory, the champion's promoter has options on you.
            That and a good HW looking for money and fame could do a lot worse than a guaranteed fight with both Klitschko brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              when did they do this?

For the Haye fight?
              They do that for all their fights. If Chisora somehow beats Wlad, he has to face Vitali next, and then if he somehow beats Vitali, he has to face Wlad again after that.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/frank-war...-vitali--31736

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                  They do that for all their fights. If Chisora somehow beats Wlad, he has to face Vitali next, and then if he somehow beats Vitali, he has to face Wlad again after that.
                  So Chisora after 14 fights is getting a chance to be undisputed HW Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    So Chisora after 14 fights is getting a chance to be undisputed HW Champ.
                    Well, David Haye would still be around, but pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                      Well, David Haye would still be around, but pretty much.
                      So whats the problem exactly?

People are getting it twisted. These guys are getting the oppourtunity of a lifetime yet all people do is complain that they're "slaves". They're not the mandatories, so options are standard.

Haye was given 50/50, no rematches.

Comment

Working...
                      X