Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever use both grant and cleto reyes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever use both grant and cleto reyes?

I personaly use Winning gloves and love them to death.

but im thinking about picking up another pair of gloves and cant decide on either grants or cleto reys. I will most likely be using these gloves for mostly mit work and mabe a little heavy bag work.

i use my winnings for sparring and mit work.

any suggestions?

I don't know how the professional training glove grant offers stacks up but I have the campeon gloves and they are ridiculiously padded. From what I've seen in the same size Reyes glove (16) they have a lot less padding around the knuckle and seem a lot lighter than my campeons. I've been debating picking up some Grant pro training gloves or some winnings for sparring, If i get the Reyes gloves no one will want to spar with me anymore lol

Comment

Reyes don't fit me, Grants do. The only other differences I've noticed are that Grants have more forgiving padding, especially after they've been broken in, and they're a bit better for bag work, I know plenty of people who've hurt themselves using Reyes on the bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
        Reyes don't fit me, Grants do. The only other differences I've noticed are that Grants have more forgiving padding, especially after they've been broken in, and they're a bit better for bag work, I know plenty of people who've hurt themselves using Reyes on the bags.
        Yeah Reyes aren't really suitable for bag work, they're lethal lol

Comment

i have an old pair of everlast,andthey dothe job good,when i hit the bag i make it singwith my combos,so i dont care what gloves or how many you have my everlast fit the bill

Comment

@micky: what have you paid for your winning gloves, do you know where i can buy them cheaper?

thats a good question, i want also to buy grant or cletos, because winning are really expensive

Comment

use grant for pads.

reyes for the ring.

but I've heard guys say it the other way around.

Comment

wINNING USA IS THE ONLY PLACE IN AMERICA THAT YOU CAN BUY THEM. TRUST ME IV LOOKED EXTENSEVLY.

n there worth the price times 10. id of paid double for them if i had to.

Comment

grants!!!

grants >>> reyes

Comment

I fought in Grants in my last fight. It was the only time I ever used em but I liked them a lot.

I never used Reyes but I remember last year I was training in Atlanta for a fight and I went to Woodstock to spar some kid that was supposed to be good and the ****in kid sparred me with 10oz Reyes gloves on. They seemed like very hard gloves, just feeling the punches on my arms and shoulders felt a lot different, a lot harder, than other gloves.

Comment

Working...
                    X