Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko passes Sullivan to become the 4th longest-reigning HW champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko passes Sullivan to become the 4th longest-reigning HW champion

Below is a link to a list of longest reigning heavyweight champions in boxing history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest...ight_champions

As of today, Wladimir Klitschko has passed John L Sullivan to become the 4th longest reigning heavyweight champion in history.

He'll probably be number 2 all time when he's done. Funny how ppl claimed he was done after the Brewster bout.

Comment

Dempsey's "reign" was 5 fights in 6 years before a loss to Tunney.

As far as dominance goes, he has nothing on Wlad. In fact, he held the title hostage.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He has only been the HW champ for four years.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          He has only been the HW champ for four years.
          How long was David Haye the HW champ for?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Below is a link to a list of longest reigning heavyweight champions in boxing history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest...ight_champions

As of today, Wladimir Klitschko has passed John L Sullivan to become the 4th longest reigning heavyweight champion in history.

Hopefully he'll be undisputed HW champ soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
              How long was David Haye the HW champ for?
              Haha

Comment

Wlad is a fucking bad ass.

Comment

What's more interesting to me is how many more fights will Wladimir have till he calls it a day I don't see him carrying on into his 40's although with the current crop of heavyweights about I suppose aslong as he has his reflexes and remains fit it could be plausible.

Comment

I think Wlad is still peaking his prime. IMO he has a year in prime.

In that year he should try to fight the best guys out there - Fury, Povetkin, Pulev and possibly rematch Haye (if Haye gets serious and active).
                    If he beats all those guys he'll be steady in upper top10 ATG HWs.

Comment

Working...
                    X