Outrage: Saudi Flag Flies Higher than U.S. Flag at Colorado School

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outrage: Saudi Flag Flies Higher than U.S. Flag at Colorado School

Outrage: Saudi Flag Flies Higher than U.S. Flag at Colorado School

Parents of children at a multi-cultural school in Colorado are outraged after a Saudi Arabian flag was flying higher than an American flag, in apparent violation of federal law.

The Daily Mail reports that someone at Bauder Elementary School in Fort Collins raised the Saudi flag above the U.S. flag. A photo (left) was sent to GreeleyReport.com.

According to USFlag.org, such a move breaks the law:

No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America... No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof.

The principal of the school said no staff member was responsible and that he immediately returned the American flag to its place of prominence when he found out about it.

"We realize this is an extremely sensitive time with us getting close to the 10th anniversary of 9/11," principal Brian Carpenter said.

"Bauder Elementary School serves a diverse international population of students," he added. "As a means of recognizing the varied nationalities of students, flags from the students’ respective countries fly within the school’s center lobby. The American flag always sits highest in the center of a window alcove with the other nation flags being tilted from a lower position."

But some parents aren't buying it, saying this happened because of the influence the growing Muslim population is having on the area.
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...olorado-school

Btw, was the highlighted part, true?

ppl are ******ed. Im All American man and Im very patriotic of this great nation, but comeon... It was a mistake, no need to flip, just lower the Saudi flag and put the American flag higher. I dont think the Saudi influence in the area is conniving to put the flag they were born into above the flag they chose.

Comment

This **** is news?

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
        ppl are ******ed. Im All American man and Im very patriotic of this great nation, but comeon... It was a mistake, no need to flip, just lower the Saudi flag and put the American flag higher. I dont think the Saudi influence in the area is conniving to put the flag they were born into above the flag they chose.
        I always thought you were French.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          This **** is news?
          Talk about nationalism.

Comment

aaaaaaahahahahahaha, lmfao

Someone post dat vid where the mexican flag is higher than US and some cokehead takes his knife and cuts it down.

Comment

I always get a kick when people get mad over something like this. The fact is that the country has been dying a slow death for years and no one could care less.

Comment

The Mexicans do this all the time and everyone thinks its hilarious when they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                  I always thought you were French.
                  I don't even know how to say the location in my profile. Its the name of the cemetary in France where Jim Morrison was laid to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                    The Mexicans do this all the time and everyone thinks its hilarious when they do it.
                    That's cause it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X