No announcement yet.

No tatoos/piercings for Cam Newton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
    He could grow his hair out if he wanted to. I'm sure the penalty is a fine he can probably make easily.
    exactly and thats an easy "erase" lol u cant jus get rid of a tatoo..

Comment

Unless it says in my contract I can't do that the owner can eat a sack of baby dicks.

Comment

I have no problem with that at all. The owner is cutting the checks and has a business to run. Cams now the face of this business and needs to look the part. This is no different than what the Yankees did with no facial hair or long hair until they got soft and fell under new management. No different than a company that works in the public and needs their employees to be well groomed. Suck it up, cash your checks now and be happy that this dude is even paying you because once this contracts up its a wrap. Cam Newton is just another bust qb from the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          I have no problem with that at all. The owner is cutting the checks and has a business to run. Cams now the face of this business and needs to look the part. This is no different than what the Yankees did with no facial hair or long hair until they got soft and fell under new management. No different than a company that works in the public and needs their employees to be well groomed. Suck it up, cash your checks now and be happy that this dude is even paying you because once this contracts up its a wrap. Cam Newton is just another bust qb from the SEC.
          Yeah, for the whole team. Not just for Derek Jeter.

Comment

no problem with how a owner runs his ream, cuz in the long run it's HIS If u going to be that way with ur "new" leader then go down the line to each player and make them cover their tattoos so they aren't visible in games and no
            piercings visible while they in games.don't just single the rookie out, especially if u draft him #1 to these stipulations.treat EVERYONE the same.

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
              how is it racist tho?????
              Has the owner ever placed restrictions on any other players appearance? Not that I can recall...

That begs the question, "why now"? Cause you have a black QB?....

Also: Keep in mind I am not calling the owner racist. These are just my thoughts on the matter.
              Last edited by HandSpeed303; 08-25-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

It's all about image. You can create a better image by being un-marked and extremely fit. Much easier to market and build a brand behind it.

As for his hair. The owner didn't say he couldn't grow his hair. He said, he'd prefer if he didn't grow out his hair. So maybe he just likes clean cut guys? Doesn't mean Cam is forbidden from getting tattoos, piercing, or growing out a nappy wig.

Cam would be better off without any of those though. If I was his PR agent, I would advise him against growing out dhani jones wigs, getting tattoos or piercings. That way it'd be easier to market him when/if he gets a huge name.

He'd be running around in calvin klein or giorgio armani underwear ads.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  It's all about image. You can create a better image by being un-marked and extremely fit. Much easier to market and build a brand behind it.

As for his hair. The owner didn't say he couldn't grow his hair. He said, he'd prefer if he didn't grow out his hair. So maybe he just likes clean cut guys? Doesn't mean Cam is forbidden from getting tattoos, piercing, or growing out a nappy wig.

Cam would be better off without any of those though. If I was his PR agent, I would advise him against growing out dhani jones wigs, getting tattoos or piercings. That way it'd be easier to market him when/if he gets a huge name.

He'd be running around in calvin klein or giorgio armani underwear ads.
                  That's what I was thinking...I guess if he wasn't the QB, and face of the team, it wouldn't be an issue for the owner.

Comment

Cam Newton=BUST!

Comment

Originally posted by White Jack View Post
                      Cam Newton=BUST!
                      While you're at it, could you please provide this weekends Power Ball numbers?!

Comment

Working...
                      X