Comment

In one word? Parasite!

Comment

Nobody likes the guy.

Comment

1 word.

Cunning.

Comment

I wanna gouge his big horrible fish eyes out with hooks then feed him to a drove of hungry pigs!

I do NOT like him. :****you:

Comment

a cancer on british boxing and a total ****

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
                A self-serving, back-stabbing delusional liar without class. A promoter who bleeds every British talent he gets his hands on dry with tomato-can fights in Britain where he can control the cash, only allowing his fighters an attempt at the bigtime once the public demands it (Hamed), a fighter is going stale (Calzaghe) or they have reached their limit in potential and he wants a final payday out of them (Lockett, Jennings, Hide etc). A promoter who actively seeks to discredit all British talent who dare not to sign with him, smearing them in his newspaper column with lies or poisonous opinion. May he be shot again, but more successfully this time.
                could'nt agree more

He is a bitter ****!!!

Comment

more reasons to why i dislike Warren he is a bitter **** that uses his column in the Sun to attack Calzaghe,Hatton

WRITING a sports column is about giving your opinion — and I’m paid to give my honestly held views.

When I write about Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe or other boxers, it’s because they are in the news — or I’m answering criticisms.

It’s not about sour grapes, I’m just telling it how I see it — and I’ve never been sued.

This week, the news was Ricky Hatton’s fight. And he looked good in Las Vegas — where he lost to Floyd Mayweather Jnr — when he stopped Paulie Malignaggi.

Hatton said: “I feel like I’ve come back to the scene of the crime and destroyed the evidence.”

Problem was he wasn’t confronting the same mugger. Malignaggi wasn’t in the same class as Mayweather — and, to be kind to him, he was very, very ordinary.

I’m not sure if against quality opposition Hatton is a 12-round fighter any more. We didn’t find out if he is against Malignaggi.

If Hatton had been facing someone firing back and more of a test, we would have discovered if his lifestyle has caught up with him and if his powers are waning.

The light-welter division was strong but these days it’s very average. Even his new trainer, Floyd Mayweather Snr, tells Hatton he is boozing too much and his lifestyle is going to catch up with him.

It’s been a problem for years. I met Ricky with ITV commentator John Rawling and told him he had to stop the bingeing but our words of advice fell on deaf ears.

Saying he should quit the drink is not me criticising Hatton unfairly — everyone in boxing believes he should give it up.

Drinking heavily between fights is not the message to send out to young fighters.

In football, can you imagine Alex Ferguson allowing Wayne Rooney to go on the lash for weeks on end? This week, Hatton, who is now effectively promoting himself, said of his future: “We’re working with Golden Boy in America and we may do some shows with Frank Maloney, who is pal of mine.

“In the past I feel promoters have not done the right thing by me so we felt the need to go out on a limb ourselves and it is one of the best things I have done.”

Yet the trouble he got from me was banking £7.5million.

My philosophy is to make fighters as much money as possible while nurturing them and picking the right moments and opponents for them to fight for titles.

Advertisement

That’s what I did with Hatton, making him a multi-millionaire. If his career had ended after he beat Kostya Tszyu — his final outing under my promotional banner — he couldn’t have complained.

Millions in the bank, a world title and the scalp of one of the modern greats on his record — to me that reads like a job well done by both me and Ricky.

What’s his next move? He’ll probably meet the winner of Oscar De La Hoya or Manny Pacquiao. And it should be Oscar as a good big ‘un beats a good little ‘un.

De La Hoya will be keen. Now Mayweather is out of the picture, he hasn’t got many other options.

Taking the fight will be tough for Ricky — he says himself that he is not a natural welterweight, while De La Hoya has fought as high as middleweight and is a natural light-middleweight.

But it will still be huge and British fans will turn out for it.

* Joe Calzaghe banked £17m from me but insisted that he could make more by fighting Roy Jones Jr as a free agent.

But HBO haven’t released the PPV figures as they were so low and 3,000 tickets were given away to bolster the crowd.

Calzaghe’s purse will fall short of what he wanted. But that’s promoting, it’s not all upside...

EVERY ****ING WEEK HE GOES ON ABOUT HOW MUCH HATTON HAS MADE FROM HIM GET OVER IT FRANK HES GONE!!! AND NOW JOE HAS FOLLWED HIM!!!

Also £17 million fr Joe i find that hard to believe. Considering he only made over £1 million in two fights for Franky in the Kessler and Hopkins fights?

Comment

Calzaghe would'nt still have his 0 if it was'nt for Frank picking bums for him to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
                      more reasons to why i dislike Warren he is a bitter **** that uses his column in the Sun to attack Calzaghe,Hatton

WRITING a sports column is about giving your opinion — and I’m paid to give my honestly held views.

When I write about Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe or other boxers, it’s because they are in the news — or I’m answering criticisms.

It’s not about sour grapes, I’m just telling it how I see it — and I’ve never been sued.

This week, the news was Ricky Hatton’s fight. And he looked good in Las Vegas — where he lost to Floyd Mayweather Jnr — when he stopped Paulie Malignaggi.

Hatton said: “I feel like I’ve come back to the scene of the crime and destroyed the evidence.”

Problem was he wasn’t confronting the same mugger. Malignaggi wasn’t in the same class as Mayweather — and, to be kind to him, he was very, very ordinary.

I’m not sure if against quality opposition Hatton is a 12-round fighter any more. We didn’t find out if he is against Malignaggi.

If Hatton had been facing someone firing back and more of a test, we would have discovered if his lifestyle has caught up with him and if his powers are waning.

The light-welter division was strong but these days it’s very average. Even his new trainer, Floyd Mayweather Snr, tells Hatton he is boozing too much and his lifestyle is going to catch up with him.

It’s been a problem for years. I met Ricky with ITV commentator John Rawling and told him he had to stop the bingeing but our words of advice fell on deaf ears.

Saying he should quit the drink is not me criticising Hatton unfairly — everyone in boxing believes he should give it up.

Drinking heavily between fights is not the message to send out to young fighters.

In football, can you imagine Alex Ferguson allowing Wayne Rooney to go on the lash for weeks on end? This week, Hatton, who is now effectively promoting himself, said of his future: “We’re working with Golden Boy in America and we may do some shows with Frank Maloney, who is pal of mine.

“In the past I feel promoters have not done the right thing by me so we felt the need to go out on a limb ourselves and it is one of the best things I have done.”

Yet the trouble he got from me was banking £7.5million.

My philosophy is to make fighters as much money as possible while nurturing them and picking the right moments and opponents for them to fight for titles.

Advertisement

That’s what I did with Hatton, making him a multi-millionaire. If his career had ended after he beat Kostya Tszyu — his final outing under my promotional banner — he couldn’t have complained.

Millions in the bank, a world title and the scalp of one of the modern greats on his record — to me that reads like a job well done by both me and Ricky.

What’s his next move? He’ll probably meet the winner of Oscar De La Hoya or Manny Pacquiao. And it should be Oscar as a good big ‘un beats a good little ‘un.

De La Hoya will be keen. Now Mayweather is out of the picture, he hasn’t got many other options.

Taking the fight will be tough for Ricky — he says himself that he is not a natural welterweight, while De La Hoya has fought as high as middleweight and is a natural light-middleweight.

But it will still be huge and British fans will turn out for it.

* Joe Calzaghe banked £17m from me but insisted that he could make more by fighting Roy Jones Jr as a free agent.

But HBO haven’t released the PPV figures as they were so low and 3,000 tickets were given away to bolster the crowd.

Calzaghe’s purse will fall short of what he wanted. But that’s promoting, it’s not all upside...

EVERY ****ING WEEK HE GOES ON ABOUT HOW MUCH HATTON HAS MADE FROM HIM GET OVER IT FRANK HES GONE!!! AND NOW JOE HAS FOLLWED HIM!!!

Also £17 million fr Joe i find that hard to believe. Considering he only made over £1 million in two fights for Franky in the Kessler and Hopkins fights?
                      Calzaghe earned £3.5 million from the Hopkins fight and £2.5 million for the Kessler fight

Comment

Working...
                      X