This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    I hope we offload him. If the rumors of multiple clubs (juve, west ham etc) being interested. We should push him out.
    His contact expires at the end of the season so he will probably go for free, I'm still a believer in Ivanovic at CB or RCB in 3-4-3
    At the very least he give you depth at the center back it would be a mistake to let him go in January IMO

Comment

• I think every Chelsea centre half professional on the books is a better option than Ivanovic.

That guy just got fell of a cliff with age. Great player for Chelsea but absolutely done now. I am not even sure he could do a job in the championship.

Comment

• Phenom is right though, he probably stays on, for that reason alone.

With Zouma back though, Ivanovic is obsolete. Rather have Ake back in blue and getting some minutes with the club like Chalobah and company.

Comment

• Remember when we trolled you lot into signing Salah & Willian? Good times...
          Last edited by The Ox; 12-01-2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Salah would be useful for us now.

Sort of agree with Willian being a bit average.

Comment

• Salah probably just isn't made for the Prem.

Even Pogba looked 100+ million pounds good in Italy. When in reality, he was worth no more, at best, than Gundogan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                I think every Chelsea centre half professional on the books is a better option than Ivanovic.

That guy just got fell of a cliff with age. Great player for Chelsea but absolutely done now. I am not even sure he could do a job in the championship.
                He only played at RB this year last he played CB was last year when Hiddink took over and did really well, he obviously doesn't have the pace anymore but still better than Cahill and old Terry IMO

Don't know why Conte still plays him at Fullback or RWB tbh
                Last edited by Phenom; 12-01-2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  He only played at RB this year last he played CB was last year when Hiddink took over and did really well, he obviously doesn't have the pace anymore but still better than Cahill and old Terry IMO

Don't know why Conte still plays him at Fullback or RWB tbh
                  Contrary to popular belief, Ivanovic was never a true right back. He always played and started as a CB. It wasn't until the catastrophe of the Villa-Boas reign did Ivan move into the vacant RB position. Bosingwa was the right back and even Ramires at one point..... enough said.

Without getting into the ludicrous transfer philosophy and personnel management of the Chelsea front office. Ivanovic was never a RB to begin with.

That's why I never burn him for his shortcomings but once you begin to forget how to track forwards.... all hope is lost for you.

Comment

• so there is one English player on the pitch today.............

lol.

City fans are so small time. They've been booing that ref since about the 2nd minute - that is what fans of poxy clubs like Stoke do. Chill your boots ffs, you're gonna win anyway Chelsea are absolutely due a defeat.

Comment

• Why are there so many empty seats?

Comment

Working...
                      X