No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse: I Could've Got Up, I Felt a Pop in My Eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    i thought he did well in the 6th and 7th when postol stopped clinching. He hit him with quite a few big shots, but once he got hurt at the end of the 7th, it was a wrap.
    don't try to be objective....we all know this forum is only about bragging rights......

Mathysse was tired, frustrated and when he was finally allowed to do his fight, he got hurt at the end of that round, started feeling the shots after that and had a physical/mental meltdown....

Comment

I said in previous posts that if Postol wins it won't be an upset, I said it was a toss up but Postol prevailed. Garcia is lucky that Postol accepted that step aside deal from Al Haymon back in 2014, you see why this dude was avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        don't try to be objective....we all know this forum is only about bragging rights......

Mathysse was tired, frustrated and when he was finally allowed to do his fight, he got hurt at the end of that round, started feeling the shots after that and had a physical/mental meltdown....
        we should know better. That's how I saw the fight, too. Do you think that headbutt affected him at all? He seemed shook up but seemed to recover quickly.

Comment

Kuyukut said pac would beat kahn and matthysse on the same night. Looks like he could do both in about 8 rds lol

Comment

I would hate to have been on the Lucas bandwagon ... All that for what? A guy who never even won a REAL title and who wasn't even willing to go for broke ... A QUITTER!!! He's got the nerve to call himself a machine? Dude is a disgrace

Comment

Ever since the Danny Garcia fight where he got dropped and had that huge swollen eye he has never been the same fighter. Plus he had to wars against Molina and Ruslan that took at least 2 years of his prime away even after victory.

He needs a world class trainer if he wants to make a serious comeback. He can't stop a overhand right if his life dependent on it.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                we should know better. That's how I saw the fight, too. Do you think that headbutt affected him at all? He seemed shook up but seemed to recover quickly.
                i don't think it affected him much, he was just frustrated by the clinching, and he has shown signs of getting tired (mentally too) when fights are physically rough for him....Postol is a big guy who was clinching and leaning on him similarly to molina except molina usually did it on the front foot while pushing him too....Lucas is methodical so that roughness always seems to take him out of it....people will overlook his work early just because HBO had high expectations and were seemingly scoring against Lucas for not living up to them and ingoring the actual punches being landed.....Lucas was inactive as hell in two early rounds, but other than that he was the onle landing the crisper body shots and being much more precise than postol before he got hurt...they were basically landing the same # of punches even though postol was throwing twice as many...after that matthysse simply had a meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post

"Overhand right"= illegal rabbit punch

Comment

lol, the referee was very clear to postol, he said something like "he is punching you behind the head because you don't stop holding" . and he never stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                      "Overhand right"= illegal rabbit punch
                      And postol had nothing to do with it by stepping forward into Matthysse's body and holding onto him every time he saw a right hand coming...

It happens, and even the ref who allowed Postol to clinch every 10 seconds told him he was at fault.

Comment

Working...
                      X