Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone has had any experience in the Air Force?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone has had any experience in the Air Force?

What was it like? Is it worth it? What can you tell me about it?

Thanks in advanced

I don't, but one of my buddies was in the Air Force for 4 years. I'm not sure what his experiences were, obviously... But now he's going to nursing school (which is a good gig,) and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to pay anything? May even get financial aid on top of that.

He was in the "reserves,?" Afterward, up until recently he said he just finished. But I think one week or so out of the month he'd work while he was doing that. I'm not 100% sure how that works or the exact wording, and if that's voluntary or you sign a contract for that afterward. But he says the Air Force was a good experience and I'm sure if anything, the school money is a huge plus, depending on what you go to school for and how much they give you.

One of my best friends going up went to the navy after high school, and he said if he could go back in time.... He'd go Air Force.

Comment

I'm currently in, just hit 10 years. I like it a lot man, but I guess that all depends on your job(mine sucks). It's afforded me the opportunity to travel a lot and all on the military's dime, i've been to a lot of countrys. Were you thinking of joining, and what do you think you'd like to do if so?

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
        I don't, but one of my buddies was in the Air Force for 4 years. I'm not sure what his experiences were, obviously... But now he's going to nursing school (which is a good gig,) and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to pay anything? May even get financial aid on top of that.

He was in the "reserves,?" Afterward, up until recently he said he just finished. But I think one week or so out of the month he'd work while he was doing that. I'm not 100% sure how that works or the exact wording, and if that's voluntary or you sign a contract for that afterward. But he says the Air Force was a good experience and I'm sure if anything, the school money is a huge plus, depending on what you go to school for and how much they give you.

One of my best friends going up went to the navy after high school, and he said if he could go back in time.... He'd go Air Force.
        Thanks for that man, it helps

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        I'm currently in, just hit 10 years. I like it a lot man, but I guess that all depends on your job(mine sucks). It's afforded me the opportunity to travel a lot and all on the military's dime, i've been to a lot of countrys. Were you thinking of joining, and what do you think you'd like to do if so?
        I have a stable job, near home, doesn't pay much and though I'm comfortable in it, the growing opportunities seem limited. I already got a degree that fits in the law and legal department and had this in mind, just looking for options and this one seemed to caught my attention, to e honest I'm not entirely sure what I'd like to do yet
        Last edited by Mighty_Windir; 06-03-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

The chairforce?

Lazy undisciplined fat turds who get hazard pay for being stationed with hard charging dick swing ***** slaying devil dogs...rah

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            The chairforce?

Lazy undisciplined fat turds who get hazard pay for being stationed with hard charging dick swing ***** slaying devil dogs...rah
            That avatar:

Look what someone did:

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c7&oe=57DAA014
            Last edited by Mighty_Windir; 06-03-2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
              I have a stable job, near home, doesn't pay much and though I'm comfortable in it, the growing opportunities seem limited. I already got a degree that fits in the law and legal department and had this in mind, just looking for options and this one seemed to caught my attention, to e honest I'm not entirely sure what I'd like to do yet
              If you already have a degree i'm sure you're thinking about commissioning, which would yield more money than coming in enlisted. Like I said, I like it a lot although it's changed a lot in the 10 years i've been in. I'm currently stationed in Arizona which is my first stateside assignment. I'll be going to Korea for a year in August then doing 3 years in Italy, so as I said the opportunity to travel is there if you're interested. If you have any questions feel free to ask, i'll answer them the best I can.

Comment

If you already have a degree i'm sure you're thinking about commissioning, which would yield more money than coming in enlisted. Like I said, I like it a lot although it's changed a lot in the 10 years i've been in. I'm currently stationed in Arizona which is my first stateside assignment. I'll be going to Korea for a year in August then doing 3 years in Italy, so as I said the opportunity to travel is there if you're interested. If you have any questions feel free to ask, i'll answer them the best I can.
                Thank you friend I will, the brother of a co-worker is stationed in Korea right now

Comment

At Luke?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    At Luke?

Nope, my cousin is over there. I'm at Davis-Monthan unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                    X